UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I booked a hotel for graduation this Spring in July 2021 and there wasn’t much left to choose from at the time. Fully non-refundable.

Always book hotels VERY early for these big events, like move-in, parents weekend, home football weekends, graduation, etc.

3 Likes

that’s good to know! i wonder if i should book now for graduation 2023! :scream::scream:

Seriously, I’d do some checking now, but I’d book very soon, depending on when the hotel’s calendar opens up for April/May 2023.

The hotel I booked is great, but it’s the farthest from campus that I’ve stayed in 4 years. But still in A2.

They only book about a year in advance, but definitely jump in the opportunity when they open.

Near the Briarwood mall? That area generally has some availability for last minute hotel rooms.

DD22 was accepted EA in January, and all the hotels near central campus were completely full! Even though DD22 may not accept, we’re already booked on north campus Marriott.

Wish we’d done that.

Yep, unfortunately. :frowning_face:

ETA: We can also stay in our D’s big appt./townhome, maybe a night or two, too though that’s not ideal.

Second this - we went to Campus Day this past weekend and spent 2 nights in AA. Got a good feel for both Central and North campus and what it’s like to be a student at UMich. The current students are very active in the tours. We had not seen the campus before. The guys who runs housing - Amir - is worth the trip itself. He picked the wrong profession - should be a standup comedian.

6 Likes

Just googled him. And unless there are two people with the exact same name, I kind of think he might actually be a comedian.

1 Like

That’s right. I think he is a comedian. Ha.

1 Like

Air BNB

I’ve used Airbnb in the past in A2. They’re just as expensive if not more and I prefer hotels.

1 Like

We did arbnb when not staying with family. Some surrounding cities like Dexter and Chelsea have some charm and close enough. Even hotels in that area aren’t as pricey. Just drive in and park the car for the day.

If their goal was to woo people, Amir definitely did that. That was my first admitted students day ever and it exceeded all my expectations

1 Like

I got 2/5 so not bad but check it out.

Did you guys book the hotel before you know your kid got in or after?

Has their ever been an LSA and Ross release on the same day?

1 Like

After, we waited until about two weeks before the date. We weren’t very close to campus though, about a ten minute drive

I did get the info from calling. And this is the same undergraduate admissions person who told me several weeks ago they were shooting for a single release. We will know soon either wat, the clock is running out! Lol

1 Like