UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Understood, but by the same token, the earlier releases, last year there was one wave in early March, one wave late in March, relieved the stress of those applicants that did get answers a little earlier.

Prior to last year, Michigan was still doing the 3 waves, February, March and April.

1 Like

Your talking to the choir. Just voice your opinion to them.
. At this point there are probably a few thousand seats to go. The small wave was also acceptances. If more commit before early April then less of course but many, many will wait till May 1st. Plus many spots will go to Ross coming up.

There are several OOS acceptances above

1 Like

There have been some sprinkles. My twins were accepted on 3/1. My college roommates daughter was accepted 3/15. (We didn’t go to UM, all OOS). None had perfect scores. I predict a wave 3/25 then wrap up 4/1. They have to, especially since IVY DAY is 3/31. Competition. Keep the dreams alive.

1 Like

No, Syracuse. Rice has an excellent program as I recall but the school was way smaller than what my daughter would like.

2 Likes

I’m so glad your twins both were accepted (even if it is not a top pick for either of them). A good friend’s twins - one got accepted EA, the other was deferred. Both had almost identical stats, they applied to different programs, though, and both are extremely high achieving all around amazing scholars, athletes, volunteers, etc. etc. Michigan is #1 for the one who was deferred - so it is uncomfortable for the one who was accepted.

1 Like

That would have been my next guess :rofl:. Best of luck to your daughter :crossed_fingers:! Mine is leaning more towards smaller now that we’ve finally visited several of her schools. We’ll see how she feels when she knows all her options

2 Likes

Good luck to your daughter also! Just think, only a few more weeks of waiting!

1 Like

Didnt you say yours were accepted to the theater, arts program?

is there an option to swap our acceptances :grinning:. My OOS D22 got into UM - EA but wants to wait for Harvard results.

3 Likes

Accepted to LSA

1 Like

I can’t imagine - hang in there! I do believe it all works out and it’s about fit. My twins liked like less prestigious schools they applied to better than the higher ranked schools. They are trying to balance following the path of “chosen elitism” versus “selected regularism”. I doubt they will go to the same school, and highly doubt either will go to Michigan. Although the academics speak for themselves, they found the campus culture too be quite arrogant.

1 Like

when did you receive the acceptance mail?

There’s always an opportunity to go to Michigan for grad school :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s what I told my son when he got deferred and was disappointed

or transfer!

1 Like

Exactly. It will be an empty room here. As I’ve mentioned, my kiddo has 95% moved on to Purdue Honors Engineering. For the honors dorm, you have to sign up by 4/15. However, you have to accept and then it takes a few days for the housing portal to open up. So, you have to accept to be safe by 4/12, but we’ve set 4/10. And, due to Covid, we didn’t visit A2 - how would we even get there in time? He really wouldn’t want to accept without seeing north campus and feeling what it’s like to go back and forth. We almost booked a trip now, but decided not to spend the money unless he gets in. So many mental barriers to picking it (though of course we hope he has the choice, anyway).

2 Likes

Any word about scholarships??

1 Like

While waiting in deferral limbo here - have been reviewing the AP credit policies of the schools DD is accepted at or waiting for an answer. There is a wide range of policies. I want to make sure I understand how U-M handles AP credits. I know the part about having to get the 4/5 and then look at the chart to see the score needed for a particular course. But, at some of the selective schools AP courses can be used to fill core requirement credits with the appropriate score but the credits can not be deducted from the 120 degree credit requirement for graduation. At these schools the credits basically allow you to test into a higher level or potentially take an elective course in place of a core requirement but you would not be able to take a “lighter load” for a semester. Does U-M allow the accepted APs to be deducted from the credit total, i.e., if student gets a 5 on US Government AP does their credit total get knocked down from 120 to 116? Think so but would like to verify. At Emory, there is a limit of 12 incoming AP credits for freshman. It appears U-M does have a threshold but it’s much higher - I found this for LSA “At least 60 of the 120 credits required for a degree must be earned in residence. Residence credit is granted for courses elected on the Ann Arbor campus or at off-campus sites directed by Ann Arbor faculty present on the site. Credit earned through Advanced Placement, credit by examination, correspondence courses, transfer credit from other institutions, or off-campus independent study counts as out-of-residence credit” and Ross allows a max of 30 incoming credits.

cmu, There is diversity of political thought at UofM?