UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

All signs point to April 1, so we should all stop wasting time on here and go do something productive :wink:

3 Likes

I put them as winning on the bracket I entered in a contest - so they best not bust my bracket!

2 Likes

I’m betting on March 25th because I think they really do want to get the whole batch out before the end of the month, and the so-called “Ivy Day.” But we’ll see, I’ve stopped stressing for the most part because we’re not expecting an acceptance anyway.

2 Likes

Is Ann Arbor considered liberal?

2 Likes

If I remember right, I think Washtenaw county votes >90% Democratic.

I appreciate people wanting to know about the political climate of a campus. It’s certainly an important factor when judging whether or not a particular campus is the right fit for a student.

I would also appreciate it if people refrained from making judgment based comments. It’s one thing to say that faculty or students lean one way or another. But, using words like “indoctrination” can be inflammatory to an otherwise civil conversation.

21 Likes

FWIW, my D18 is fairly liberal coming from the SF Bay Area. A few of her roommates come from wealthy conservative families in MI and she’s had some entertaining conversations at their lake/beach houses during breaks. :grinning:

It’s all good. Room for everyone.

11 Likes

My S22 has been a GOTV volunteer for the last 2-3 years mainly calling swing states. He has encountered a range of responses: polite but disinterested, open + engaging discussions, raging anger, abusive and racist tantrums. It was a pretty good experience for him to go through that. And I highly recommend it to other students if they have any interest in politics.

1 Like

At UofM the credits do bring down the 120. For example, my kid came in with 25 credits for AP, and therefore needs 95 credits at Michigan (but will likely still take +/-120 but be able to be more creative with the schedule or double major). However, one hiccup is that during the first year my student took a 4 credit class that was the same as what one of the AP credits was for, so now is down to 21 credits that will count. So once there you also have to make sure to double check the corresponding Michigan classes as they can not be double counted for that AP credit. Not a big deal for us since the class was of greater interest than just banking the credit, but good to be aware.

3 Likes

What’s ironic, to me at least, is that my D21 has found Cal Poly SLO to be a bigger “bastion” of conservatism than A2. D21’s roommate and floormates are conservative and not from local Central CA.

1 Like

Might be the OC effect although in recent times, OC has trended bluer.

1 Like

I am hoping that their generation can have conversations with civility in a way older generations have lost the ability to…

9 Likes

At this point, we have stopped checking. My son gets miffed every Friday when I remind him to look for notifications from UofM. He’ll wait until April 1, when CMU is sending notifications and check both schools.

Thank you

Some people find the political atmosphere of a university important, me included.

Pretty funny Michigan let Colorado think they would win :grin:. So far I am 100%…Whoo Hoo… Go Blue! :basketball::eyes:

5 Likes