UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

50,000 deferred applicants calling for a 30 second conversation = 417 hours of time spent having the same conversation.
I don’t think it is a stretch to assume this is annoying and unproductive for the AO

10 Likes

There are videos on YouTube of UofM students reviewing their apps (or rather reviewing the notes they took after reviewing their apps).

2 Likes

Any chance it comes out today?

1 Like

What? I think you responded to wrong person.

Sending you all some positive vibes! Best of luck on your admissions decisions! :shamrock::blue_heart:

12 Likes

perhaps I misunderstood.
I interpreted your response as an endorsement for deferred students to contact AO. You seemed to suggest it was okay for this group as opposed to admitted students reaching out which “could be annoying”.
I was merely quantifying the impact given the scale of deferred students this yr

Any changes to portal for anyone?

Nope

1 Like

He applied to GT school of Industrial Engineering, IU Luddy School of Informatics, U of I school of Information Sciences, Purdue Polytechnic Institute, and Case Western, in addition to UOfM. All the schools have Data Analytics /Data Science majors with promises of research opportunities.

1 Like

Replied to wrong person sorry!

1 Like

I am at Illinois information program, it is phenomenal. It has the no 1 graduate program and the undergraduate program is promisingly growing. Avoid case, my brother went there and all the good resources and academics comes within health related professionals and their engineering and business program is not worth going if it comes with debt. IU, GT, UMich are solid options.
I recommend looking at the iSchool website if your son has interest in information related fields. https://ischools.org
best wishes.

2 Likes

Nothing

4 Likes

Checked the portal…nothing!

1 Like

Any Ross applicants who were accpeted EA see changes in their portal?

good luck to all ross applicants :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any chance for decisions to come out today?

Ross decisions definitely coming today.

Every day between now and early April, there’s a chance that deferred/RD decisions will be released. I’d say weekdays are more likely than weekends and Fridays seem more likely than other weekdays but, at this point, who knows?

2 Likes

Since there was talk of schools of information. Michigan has an outstanding one with excellent outcomes. Also the students going there all seem to be happy.

It’s worth a look.

https://www.si.umich.edu/

Something to read while you wait also.

1 Like

No change yet

it is a great program, I’ve heard nothing but good feedback about umsi as well.