UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

This week lot of school will release news.

1 Like

does Wisconsin usually align with michigan rd? assuming Wisconsin will come out this friday maybe michigan will as well?

I applied early action for Umich and ended up getting deferred. On top of that, when I reapplied regular decision, I was waitlisted, but then eventually was accepted. I encourage other people who get deferred or waitlisted to not be deterred as I was, as these actions can sometimes not be great indicators as to your chances of finally being admitted.

5 Likes

The EA came out the same day for both.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome!

On Instagram. Wisconsin posted that they released transfer decisions and someone asked about regular decisions and they responded!

1 Like

Wow, 7! My daughter only applied to 8. She is just waiting for Michigan at this point and got into her #2 last week. She will not move on from Michigan, no matter how long it takes!!!

2 Likes

That is awesome. I would keep your hopes up. I applied EA and got deferred. I then applied regular decision and was waitlisted. It wasnā€™t until I was taking a tour at another school when I eventually got the email that I was accepted. Although sometimes it seems unlikely, it is possible to get off the waitlist. In fact, both my freshman year roommate and I were waitlisted and eventually both accepted. You never know what can happen but I wish you the best of luck.

4 Likes

Congrats on #2!! Thatā€™s great to have in her pocket.

She got deferred so many times, she panic applied to a few feb 1 :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

They just won. Now the Men need to do it. :basketball::wink:

4 Likes

Itā€™s still not going to be pretty if she is not accepted to Michigan, but thanks. I have mixed feelings about a Friday release because we are visiting my daughter at Michigan this weekend and we need to leave for the airport at 3:00. Very stressful.

Oh, that makes sense. She put in RD applications. Lots of luck to her. Very stressful times. I feel like there are so many kids who are in a state of limbo waiting to hear. I think a max of 3 more weeks of waiting, maybe less.

1 Like

Oh I didnā€™t think that was allowed, thatā€™s great to hear!!

Son got into Wisconsin (Madison) COE, Michigan State COE, Penn State (main campus) COE, and a couple other schools but he is hoping for a UofM acceptance. He bleeds maize in blue but he knows everyone canā€™t get in. He is handling the wait like champ. Proud of him. Daughter was wait-listed in 2020 and ended up in the honors college at another school and is very happy. Our kids will strive no matter where they land and I believe they will be where they should be. Good luck everyone.

12 Likes

Congratulations for those acceptance ! Which school will he choose?

Hopefully

Iā€™m not sure! I think heā€™s leaning toward Penn State, but he will wait for a Michigan decision.

1 Like

Why do they have an admitted students event for LSA on March 24th?

Because thousands of kids have already gotten in. The rest of us wait . . .