UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Right, but this year would appear to be very different, unless Ross is filling most of its class from those that got in EA and the few that were admitted in the smaller waves.

1 Like

D officially pulled her app today. Likely would not have attended LSA as she loves her academic fit at some other schools that have accepted her, but would have seriously considered Ross. We actually tried to convince her to wait (what’s the point of pulling now?) but she was adamant she didn’t want to hear. She has a few hail mary’s remaining, as well as one or two targets she’d likely place over UM.

I’m pretty certain decisions are already determined, but she also said a couple of her classmates would have UM as their #1 right now if they’re accepted. So at the small chance her withdrawal helps them (we thinks it’s nil, lol), she wanted to do it now.

Oh well. Great luck to all. It’s an amazing school. To those who land here, Go Blue. To those who don’t
you’ll be just fine, and enjoy the ride! Maybe I’ll see those on this thread in a few years for grad school apps!

38 Likes

Come back here and tell us where she lands!

*Congrats on raising a very bright, determined and strong young woman.

9 Likes

Good luck to your daughter. Nice to hear she’s going somewhere that she feels is a great fit for her. That is as it should be.

Her withdrawal may not immediately help her classmates but it could possibly help someone who’s waitlisted. Nevertheless, very gracious of her. She sounds like an amazing young woman!

8 Likes

Many thanks. Yes, stiff wind when that apple fell from the tree :slight_smile: (or at least my side of the tree)

Good luck with everything!

Not so sure
I went on the site to look at dates for other schools and they have a few ones I know that were off. GWU just released their regular decisions the other day, Carnegie Mellon announced they are releasing on the 26th and Dartmouth is on March 31st. Those are the only ones I looked up on here and they were off
 I think they just haven’t updated this chart. I would love for UMich to be the 25th tho:)

Thank you so much for the valuable insight - @momsday820 , @hnks09 , @3rdTimesTheCharm, @sushiritto. He definitely will take the requisite engineering courses and we do plan to check with the school on specifics but it is reassuring to know UMich makes it easy for kids to make such changes. BME is typically harder to transfer into in most schools so we will do some detailed digging in later
but first the interminable wait

1 Like

Wow : an amazing level of maturity from a young women . Very impressive of her.
Good model to emulate : I will have to ask my son to start doing that for any apps other than those that would rank in his top 2-3 to visit prior to a final decision .

1 Like

So happy for her!! Kind and confident, and knows how to handle stress too. Yes, please do tell us her final decision!

My kid wants to do a bunch of these (decline acceptance) now that there is a strong front runner
yet when they ask where she is going, that answer isn’t as “final” as it will be after all results are in. I told her it probably doesn’t give someone else a seat until waitlist is activated
except Michigan (since she’s a postponed person, rather than an acceptance, so someone could slide into that spot). But Michigan is one that isn’t out of the running for her.

It’s says late March for ND but they’ve already released. So there’s an error
so maybe they don’t know what they’re talking about

GWU has not released their RD decisions yet.

Will people lose their minds if it is after 4/1?

GW released??

Nope GWU just tweeted TODAY that they are releasing RD Monday 3/28

I’m not sure that this info is accurate. UCONN released on 2/26 and Notre Dame on 3/17 – St. Patrick’s Day.

Notre Dame announced on their social media that decisions would be released on 3/17.

https://bulletin.engin.umich.edu/admissions/cross-campus-transfer/

It depends. For Biomedical typically you want to do a 5 year BS/MS that Michigan offers. BM is one field it can be hard to get a job after 4 years. Once transfered it starts officially in the fall once accepted of that year per se. Look at the requirements. It’s not guaranteed at all. Have a chat with the engineering department now. He will need an advisor for lsa and engineering and any minors he does.

You don’t need to have all the requirements finished when you apply just by the end of your sophomore year. My son applied as a freshman for cross campus transfer and was accepted Feb 1st (the deadline) of his freshman year but still had to complete some requirements.

Hope that helps.

I would be interested to see the history of these dates. Maybe they’ve just been changing the Michigan date every Friday at 3:15pm to the following Friday. :rofl:

2 Likes