UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes, earlier this week. He said one release will be made for pending applications and they will not say when because if something happens and they can’t release on the date that they announced, it’s a disaster for them.

1 Like

How about this Friday?

I specifically asked about Friday and I couldn’t get even an inkling as to whether that was a possibility. They are simply not budging. No hints. Nothing.

2 Likes

At this point they are literally the only school (out of TONS) that I’m following that have not given a date other than the cop out “before April 1”. They officially do down in my book as the most annoying university to deal with.

5 Likes

But aren’t they even saying ‘early April’, not even by April 1? That’s even less vague!

1 Like

Probably…I quit looking

1 Like

The mantra is “by early April.” I personally have ruled out this Friday and have not excluded the possibility of April 8th even though that would be really late in the game.

1 Like

Well UIUC said mid-February, and then released on February 25. So “mid” and “early” sometimes have generous definitions, lol. I have April 15 in my head just so I’m not continuously disappointed.

In defense of UIUC, they sent an email to applicants on 1/21 announcing that they would be releasing decisions on 2/25. They also posted the release date and time on social media. Much better than leaving applicants in limbo even if 2/25 is a stretch for mid-February.

3 Likes

Agree :100:. This was not meant as a dig at UIUC, it’s our #1 choice right now, we love them. I was using it as an example of the term “early” being subjective, and the reason why I am not getting my hopes up for April 1st.

1 Like

that’s awesome :star_struck:. which school?

is this for $35K PER year?

Ah, but the yield will be very high…

I don’t think that UM realizes that, for accepted students, many don’t have an inkling of where they are going until they get all of their decisions. So anything UM could do to help this along would benefit them in the sense of getting the kids they accept not having to go to the wait list.
This is going to be an ugly cycle with lots of decisions hitting at the same time Ivy decisions are released. Getting the news on both at the same time puts UM at a disadvantage. Maybe, it’s intentional and they want kids who want them as their first choice.

Our issue as a family is still cost, OOS, UM costs as much as or more than almost anywhere else. Some schools are known for their generosity and some for their limited merit. UM gives almost nothing to OOS, from what I have seen. We expected as much since we ran the numbers. So no shock. UM and UVA came back as two of the most expensive options for us. UVA is off the table. In one sense, if something else comes through I might lean away from UM as a parent given its cost and their lack of communication.

1 Like

I agree, and I disagree. UM, like all other schools, has this all figured out. Fair or unfair, it’s what it is. Twins are likely to go elsewhere, but this is definitely the best blog for any school. Although some others have some pretty snarky parents…

2 Likes

That’s good. Agree. Lots of info here. Some boards have no info and we didn’t get to visit. Like deciding to buy a house in a vacuum sight unseen.

Ahem, yes CC is great for info but the snark lives esp with some who are “knowledgeable” about a specific area and want everyone to acknowledge. It’s all good. Better with a glass of wine.

3 Likes

Merit is very tough to get but they do support oos financial aid.

Everything is better with a glass of wine :grimacing:

8 Likes

Yes, they do have OOS FA. Many expensive schools have merit which can make the difference. UM is expensive relative to other schools. We noticed the top publics all came in the highest. Many privates have merits of one type of another. YMMV.

If results were to come out this Friday, what time would they be released (PST)? I’m going to be on a field trip and want to know approx. when to check.

1 Like