UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Michigan does not pick students by major. No matter what you put on your application you are declared LSA undeclared in this example. You pick your major once accepted during your time with your advisor. With engineering, which is a different school no matter what you put down your still engineering undeclared.

Hope that makes sense… But there are special programs like Stamps. Even for Ross you have to be accepted to a home school like LSA first then Ross acceptance second.

1 Like

This statement contradicts itself. If a student chooses Engineering then they are put in a separate pool and they are chosen by major. Which is the case and why getting into Engineering is harder.

I think I stated that example. They were asking about LSA. Which is one school. Which doesn’t. Engineering is another school on campus. Everyone applying is engineering but still come in as undeclared regardless what you put down on your application. Hope that is clearer…

I know at least some of the results were posted in the threads on this site, but the numbers were all pre-pandemic. No info for the Class of 2024 and 2025.

Just search the old class threads. Of course, the stats on this site skew higher than the CDS.

1 Like

Why aren’t you in the Football Hall of Fame…? Too bad… Great player.

Ha…very few people get the reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fingers crossed that results come out today :grinning:

4 Likes

Look at my name… Lol. He made it to the Green Bay and Kansas City Hall of Fame but not the big one (I think) f
:football:

Does anyone know if deferred what is the latest notification for Fall 2022?

Sometime in early April

what would everyones bets be for a decision today? don’t know if it should be on my radar or not …

Unlikely to come out today.
I say there’s a 72.6% chance it comes out on Friday the 21st and if not, then a 98.4% chance it comes out on Friday the 28th.

(Before anyone asks about those probability numbers - I made those up)

10 Likes

Some rumour mill in reditt is talking about this Friday at 6PM EST.

same

Friday is certainly “in play,” but even though I’ll never say never, a 6 PM EST release would in all likelihood be a first for an EA release or even RD release.

There have been a few RD releases on a Thursday night between 9:00 PM-12:00 AM EST, but EA is typically 3:00 PM EST. Last year was 2:50 PM EST.

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a string of Wednesday releases for EA a few years? Just to get everyone hopes up and then be disappointed :confused:

very late but chance me!
Applied EA with
4.6 W/3.94 UW
35 [ACT]
pretty strong ECs (with leadership) and essays
Studio Arts Major
(OOS, Private high school in OC, CA)

I just wanted to get a feel for what I should expect!

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

That must be a yes.

2 Likes

I posted this a couple times before.

2 Likes

Did you apply to LSA or Stamps?