UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes, if you’re looking to take a loan or expecting need down the road or scholarships that give you additional $$ based on need then definitely file the FAFSA.

To clarify: I wasn’t suggesting people not file a FAFSA/CSS if they’re not asking for FA. My point was, it’s not a requirement for merit scholarships. We chose not to file these docs based on our circumstances but it’s each family’s choice.

1 Like

Does the landing page on Enrollment Connect look different for anyone?

My D’s application states Freshman/Transfer 2022 and next to it says FA’22: LSA Undeclared. I don’t remember seeing the FA’22: LSA Undeclared. I suspect it did and I just never noticed, but just checking in with the group for a gut check.

I think I’ve always had that

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s just always said that.

2 Likes

Where exactly is this? Do you have a screenshot?

My son is a sophomore in Stamps and has really enjoyed It. He got lucky snd was in South Quad freshman year- considered one of the best dorms and dining facilities but unfortunately it was 2020 and the pandemic so the food was grab and go, no inside dining and kids not allowed to socialize in dorms. He was okay taking the bus to north campus.

2 Likes

This is true. Im also a parent of a current student. By design, the school is filled with high achievers, yet many struggle. Take a look at the facebook parent groups some time and see how common this is and the mental health issues that go with it. However it is a great school, and like many, my student loves it there. I just think you raise a good point that is often overlooked and underestimated, but worth acknowledging!!!

3 Likes

Uhhh…attend my physics class. Unfortunately I spend a vast amount of that time looking at my phone to see if Michigan has decided to admit students to their university this year. :rofl:

They say “by” early April so hoping I’m wrong but I have my doubts about today. If they would have meant late March, they would have said. But, hope I’m wrong. It really would help if they said a date. Either way the wait will be over soon.

Is it fair to assume that Michigan would take down their portal updates prior to releasing a decision similar to the black banner prior to EA? Given that the portal today still allows me to send in updates and new test scores, I am presuming this means no chance of a decision today?

My daughter’s says the same thing and I have no idea if it has always been there!

Right??? I don’t think it means anything, but I swear I’ve checked her portal several dozen times and I don’t remember seeing that.

1 Like

Always been there

3 Likes

For what it’s worth (very little, if anything?) someone on Reddit claims that a U-M AO told them that the majority of decisions will release today.

I can’t believe I’m even posting something that says “someone on Reddit claims” but… here we are.

11 Likes

This sentence made me LOL whether it’s true or not!

Welcome to the dark side. :grinning:

6 Likes

[everyone quickly opens a new browser to check Reddit]

3 Likes

Physics is brutal there. Just brutal… Love their means… Lol

1 Like

That’s heartening, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Also, “majority” implies some will continue to remain postponed :persevere:

1 Like