UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My heart aches reading your post. I have felt this way for months about the whole process, hugs to you and your son

1 Like

I’m so sorry. I’ve been reading your posts and you seem like an amazing mom. He will do great wherever he lands and he is lucky to have you!

2 Likes

I think the past two years of waitlist info are outliers, 2019 waitlist info may be more helpful. I hope there will be more waitlist movement this year, it seems many schools are using waitlist to make sure they don’t over enroll students in RD. But I don’t really know

1 Like

Thank you so much for that report! My son’s AA school isn’t so much the feeder as yours is, so I had no idea you guys were going through this too. My 9th grader is at the little less of a feeder HS off the highway so this puts things in perspective going forward. I really feel the blame lay on my son for his string of poor academic decisions throughout his 6-12 gr career, as he grew up driving past the stadium every day of his life too, never questioning his destiny there (heh while I sure did).

I’m so sorry about your son, and the other unwelcome surprises it seems your school got. If you ever want to talk, I’m here!

1 Like

Oh that is so super kind of you, thank you! You wouldn’t think I’m so amazing if you knew what’s really going on in my head, but that’s because there’s no way to convey the true context in this forum. All your kids deserved to attend, and mine really didn’t, and that’s the reality. I can accept it just fine because I know all the places where he went wrong. I just pray he learns from his mistakes, and at the moment he isn’t appearing to, but he’s always been a tough nut to crack. He opened the decision while in the car with dad and said “Oh, well” and went right back to talking about tomorrow’s Robotics championships. Resilience? Denial? Delusion? Only time will tell

My best to you and your kid(s)!! :blush:

1 Like

Oh shoot, you too?? I’m so sorry! I guess this is just sucky for all of us. My 9th grade daughter has been watching all of this like a deer-in-headlights

Oh the bright side, maybe some other MI publics will have a huge influx of new talent this year??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Congratulations on Northwestern! That’s my alma mater. :blush: I am admittedly biased, but your D will love it. It’s a great school.

No rhyme or reason here, either. DS was waitlisted today but accepted to Rice yesterday. We’re thrilled about Rice, but we can’t make heads or tails of what’s going on this year. Go figure.

5 Likes

Can you source this please? Id like to research

I’ve been silently observing this chat since EA applications but I wanted to post in case anyone needed some encouragement.

Accepted today
Originally postponed EA
in state
LSA
3.8 UW GPA, test optional
Y

UMich has always been the dream but it was a big reach for me. My stats are definitely not as impressive as others and I was seriously doubting myself. If you feel like you’re not good enough for Umich or are upset that you’re decision hasn’t come, hang in there. Wherever you’re meant to be is where you’ll go! Best of wishes to everyone who is waiting :yellow_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

Personal opinion: completely inappropriate to offer waitlist to far more than 13,000 applicants (it was 13,000 ish that accepted, so far more waitlist were offered). What are they even doing over there in admissions?

9 Likes

Computer Engineering at all of them.

Even with the data on last year (highest ever waitlist and lowest ever take off waitlist)?

Yes we are, thank you! Seems like he’ll be heading to one of those two.

Thank you so much for this kind response. I don’t have all the hard numbers on how things went at our school (yet!), but I do know that many teachers, parents, and students have been shocked at what has felt like quite a shake-up. Some of these kids would have been a shoe-in in previous years. I still can’t wrap my head around how some of these truly talented, gifted, driven kids were not admitted (but were first strung along for 5 months).

2 Likes

Search the post “ UMich Waitlist 2025”. Got the information from there.

1 Like

The full name of the post is “University of Michigan waitlist class of 2025”

3 Likes

Congratulations on Rice, amazing school!

S22 waitlisted today
OOS
Originally postponed EA applicant
LSA
35 ACT, GPA 4.25 weighted
Most rigorous courseload allowed, 5s on AP exams so far
National Merit Commended
Decent ECs - varsity athlete, two sports, science tutor, volunteering - some of it curtailed by pandemic, but he did a decent job of making the best of it

Accepted: UVA, USC (today - tempered bummer news from Michigan), UCSD, UCD, UCSB, UW, Colorado Boulder
Rejected: UCLA
Deferred: Tulane

This has been one crazy ride. Still hoping Michigan comes through

2 Likes

S22 Waitlisted; EA Postponed
OOS
LSA
4.0/4.83; 1500
16 APS
Solid ECs: 2 sport V athlete; Theatre - Improv performance team; academic tutor; 5 NHSs; President/Captain of 2 clubs plus member in others, volunteer youth coach, elementary school mentor (3 years); several other community service activities, 
similar to others above

Congrats to all accepted and good luck to everyone on wherever your/your child’s path takes you!

3 Likes