12/20/2013 (Friday)
12/19/2014 (Friday)
12/18/2015 (Friday)
12/21/2016 (Wednesday)
12/20/2017 (Wednesday)
12/19/2018 (Wednesday)
12/19/2019 (Thursday)

During Pandemic
01/29/2021 (Friday @ 2:50 PM EST, Post #2464)

Again, last year, Michigan extended the EA app deadline to Monday, November 16, 2020.

4 Likes

And just in case someone might care, here are the # of applications for UMich for the last 4 admission cycles:

2017-2018 59,886
2018-2019 64,917
2019-2020 64,972
2020-2021 79,743 (per webpage, CDS not published)

1 Like

Yep, Taubman, STAMPS and SMTD have their own release schedules for acceptances.

And Ross BBA had the following Friday 2021 release dates:

Feb. 19, 2021
Mar. 19, 2021
April 16, 2021

Although Iā€™m pretty sure there werenā€™t any Ross acceptances posted here on 4/16/2021.

Would not be surprised if EA decisions stretch to January again. Highly doubt most selective schools are gonna see decreases in applications this cycle

Do you know by chance the EA for Stamps? I went on the website and it still has Nov 1 for EA- do you think their EA decision date is earlier?

1 Like

Sorry, other than having their own release schedule, I donā€™t know much about STAMPS.

1 Like

I agree, but I hope Michigan could/would get back on their regular EA schedule. It was awesome to have an acceptance before Christmas. Such a positive difference than late January.

6 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s a substantial increase in the 2020-2021 admissions. Any idea why? And yes, we care.

I would guess itā€™s because they were test optional for 20-21. And since they are still test optional this year, Iā€™d expect similar numbers.

Applications increased at many of the top institutions, including the UCā€™s here in CA. And being test optional was certainly part of it.

I wonder if they hired more admissions officer to handle apps this cycle. If they can send out their decisions early, before the end of December, the seniors donā€™t have to send more apps which might help UMich in keeping the yield down by not giving the kids more options. (Technically, there ARE options for them since this is only EA not ED, but many kids decide NOT to apply to too many other colleges if they find out acceptance to UMich EA)
So, the earlier the decision, the better win-win situation.

11 Likes

Iā€™m with you manā€¦my stats are around yours. I have worked on essays a lot and am scared as heck on my future in this college. I hope to god it all works out.

U-M is quite silent. Not even FAFSA or scholarship related email!

1 Like

. Lolā€¦itā€™s early in the processā€¦ Trust meā€¦ The wait will get longerā€¦ Lolā€¦ Keep up your senior gradesā€¦

D22 hasnā€™t received email from any of her 9 EA schools, other than an MIT interview invite. Not even Penn State, where she was accepted.

Iā€™m not really expecting any email.

Not sure if this info is helpful, but when my daughter applied to STAMPS in 2017 (Class of '22) she received her EA decision at the same time as everyone else on Dec 20, 2017. She was deferred (now called postponed). Her acceptance came Feb 22, 2018. This was not one of the acceptance waves for the rest of the UMich applicants. She and a bunch of other STAMPS applicants were accepted that night but not other schools. But with the pandemic, who knows what is what. My son has applied LSA EA this year. Fingers crossed for everyone, but stay patient and optimistic about what lies ahead.

3 Likes

Wish it went back to notification by Christmas

4 Likes

my D22 is applying now and that happened. her sister D19 attends and could list parent alum but D22 could not . my thinking that with the school so large, the parental legacy is not enough. Just siblings and grandparents at this stage. Bummer I know

1 Like

Hi all,
I am certain I am going to get my first B in high school this semester in Anatomy 2300 at Ohio State. Do you think this will severely impact my admissions chances even if I have a 36 on my ACT and decent ecā€™s?

Nope. The average GPA of admitted students is a 3.9.