UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Do the senior year first term grade count in GPA?

1 Like

Did your HS transcript sent by your HS to Michigan, prior to the app deadline, have your first term senior grades on it? I assume no. And if no, then no. Your GPA will only include 9th-11th grades.

However, if you’re postponed/deferred, then Michigan MAY want to your 1st semester senior grades. So, keep the “pedal to the metal.”

Thank you so much.

@CMCMLM - EA release date for Stamps was 1/29/21 (with the larger university), with subsequent releases essentially every other Friday until late March

1 Like

Did anyone else receive the email about a HAIL interview with a Michigan Engineering alum? Is this a new program? Has anyone completed an interview? S22 is considering it.

UMich applicants to Engineering school are randomly selected to be interviewed by the alum, according to what I have learnt from some previous year applicants (HAIL), someone can clarify this part ( I have read it in their website as well). We haven’t heard back anything so far. If you get one, it’s good then.

1 Like

D22 received the HAIL interview invitation from Michigan Engineering this morning.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you for this link!

I was so confused … I thought everyone was taking about the HAIL scholarship for low income Michigan residents.

1 Like

D22 just forwarded her invitation.

1 Like

As soon as I finished typing my above response, D22 texted me a screenshot of her invitation for a HAIL interview. I had never heard of it until today.

Thanks so much for sharing. Lot of info in the presentation.

Thanks for this link. In it, it says "The HAIL interview is used as one of many factors in our large, holistic admission system. "
But my kid’s invitation says it has no impact on admissions at all. The document link is from 2016-17 cycle , so maybe things have changed? Does anyone know anything more about this?
Kid will still do the interview as UMich is one of his top choices. but we just want to keep our expectations in check.

3 Likes

HAIL is NOT a new program. I believe its been around for approx. 20 +/- years. That’s a guess.

TBH, over the years, I’ve seen info that states yes, the HAIL interview is part of the admission process and I’ve also seen info where it says that it’s NOT part of the admissions process. Same thing with legacy. Does it help? Maybe, I don’t know. They’ll say no, legacy plays no part in the admissions process, but the CDS states legacy is considered. Superscore SAT/ACT (Pre-Covid)? No, but submit as many scores as you want and we’ll take a look. :grinning:

Bottom line, Michigan’s process is about as clear as mud. And if you don’t have any patience, they’ll drive you nuts.

4 Likes

On the Common Data Set, Michigan states interviews are not considered, with an *

“Note regarding interviews: Some applicants to Music, Theatre and Dance and some applicants to the College of Engineering may be interviewed”

That’s super clear :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly!

@Knowsstuff has a S17 who graduated CoE, my D18 is in LSA. So, maybe @Knowsstuff can add some HAIL “stuff.” :grimacing:

1 Like

Same here. D22 received it this morning. The interview will be betwen Dec 3rd to Jan 16th

1 Like

Wow! That’s quite a range.
Don’t UMich EA results come out mid-December?

EA results are now “late January” … started with last year and looks to be the new norm.

I see. I thought last year might be an aberration due to the pandemic, extended application deadline, etc.