UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

thank you

So we now know the application number was very close to the over 83,000 applications that applicants were told at the admitted student day, itā€™s over 84,000, and not the 90,000 number we heard from one person here on CC.

1 Like

I promised Iā€™d parachute in to update our Dā€™s college search. After an enjoyable evening of laughs and expected results, she has decided that she is going to enjoy watching her soon-to-be-enrolled college unceremoniously end the legendary career of Mike Kryzewski tomorrow night.

20 Likes

Let me see, which university could that beā€¦

As my Penn State alum buddy says to me all the time, basketball is a nice diversion between football seasons. :grinning:

Congrats and Go Tar Heels!

4 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m a double grad of UNC and this is the biggest game for me since I graduated from UNC in 1993 when we beat Michigan! But I married a Michigan grad and now love U of M, too. It looks like my son is going to pass on UNC which breaks my heart since it doesnā€™t look likely for Michigan to pan out. I guess weā€™ll be adding another college to cheer for in our house. Congrats to your daughter - awesome school!

1 Like

Go Blue!! As in Blue Demons :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard much lower from parents and counselors, but I thought you previously said you heard differently?

Didnā€™t hear anything about Ivy Day hereā€¦ Just curious??

1 Like

I got into UPennā€™s Wharton last night! Also got into Duke ā€¦ still want Michigan though and holding out hope for scholarship but if not, I have incredible options so I am extremely grateful!

14 Likes

Congrats on committments!

My daughter committed last night and woke up to a notice that she was awarded a LSA 4-yr renewable scholarship. Not sure if its merit or need based, she applied for both.

So i guess some notices have been sent out. I was confused as the LSA 4yr Renewable scholarahip website said they only send out 200 of these? That doesnt seem right with the amount of freshman admits to LSA?

I feel thats a low number. I am not complaining at all. Just overthinking about this for a while.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

This is cryptic to me.
For the not-so-sports-inclined folksā€¦ can you co firm my suspicion that this means your kid is going to Duke, not UM? Lol.

Congrats either way.

it means UNC!

200 is probably about right - michigan is notorious for giving very few merit scholarships unfortunately

Just wondering if anyone was admitted for summer termā€¦my DS22 received an email 2 days ago asking if heā€™d agree to switch his application to summer even though he applied for fall.

2 Likes

Haā€¦sorry. She withdrew her UM application right before RD came out. I was very active on this board prior, and promised Iā€™d come back to post where sheā€™s headed.

Sheā€™s going to UNC. The Duke coach is retiring, and UNC would relish nothing more than ending his career at their hands tomorrow night in the Final Four.

Duke/UNC basketball is apparently as rabid as UM/OSU.

6 Likes

YES!! We received same email!

1 Like

Yay ā€“ congrats!! Iā€™m sure our kids will meet each other this summer (assuming yours decides to go) because Iā€™m assuming itā€™s not a large group of kidsā€¦I know nothing about it, although several of my husbandā€™s friends were summer term starts back in the 80s!

2 Likes

Lol. I might have looked up the wrong name thenā€¦ i thought i looked up the name and saw Duke talkā€¦ i am glad i was transparent that i was clueless and the message cryptic to me.

Lol!
Thanks for the assist.

1 Like

This is helpful, thanks. I will not promise to retain It, but it makes sense for me now.

I remember your post and glad you updated! I have been an active reader and question-asker. This is my second time through this, but first succesful admission. Lol.

200 still seems low, for how many LSA freshman? 4400? My daughter is feeling the love. She feels there must have been a mistake for her to get it. Need to work on her confidence a little.

1 Like

Thatā€™s about 5% of LSA enrollment. That doesnā€™t appear to be unusual to me. Congrats!