UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

So under my residency it says

Fall 2022
Undergraduate LSA
Lit, Sci, and the Arts UG Deg
University of Michigan

Your last line is LSA undeclared and pc above has University of Michigan too instead of LSA Undeclared.

Probably just reading too much into it but what else can I do to pass the waiting time.

Where do you find this?

Wolverine access - new and prospective students - residency status. If you scroll up to yesterdayā€™s messages, there is info on friends setup.

Exactly how mine looks, too.
OOS

I donā€™t know about OOS or 1st Gen, but I did request the average stats for the School of Nursing! The average SAT score was 1360, gpa was 3.88 (uw), and acceptance rate was around 30% for 2019 - 2020. Good luck when decisions come out!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some other people post these in this thread so I hope this is okay to ask: can I get a chance me?

White Male from in-state smallish public high school applying to LSA
3.954 UW (School does not have weighted grades)
1350 SAT (I retook and got a 1450 but Iā€™m not sure if the score will be considered for EA as it was the November testing date)
5 APs/Several of what the school calls ā€œadvancedā€ courses/Dual-enrollment program with Davenport University
I have no way to tell but I feel my ECs are decent for what is available where I live

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Anyone here applying with their IBDP predicted grade?

1 Like

JerseyDad, You read tea leaves? Thatā€™s so academic year 2020. We throw voodoo chicken bones for admissions information.

2 Likes

Were the decisions from STAMPS or Kinesiology?

no idea but i applied to kines and having gotten a decision soo

havent**

hi. yes my son applied for CoE as an IBDP graduate (public OOS school in US). Did not provide a predicted score however. Transcript only ā€“ which shows GPA(w) and obviously IB courses. I believe in his common app, he did indicate which senior grade IB courses heā€™d be taking. Do you know if UoM looks at IB differently?

1 Like

In all honesty Iā€™m starting to lose hope on decisions coming out tomorrow. I was already pretty shaky about the 21st being THE date, but with Friday coming sooner and sooner I am having more doubts. The portal thing earlier in the week really gave me hope, but the hope is only withering at this point.

I still think that the 28th is our best bet given that itā€™s both a Friday and very close to last yearā€™s date (the 29th). I doubt the 15 day extension on the EA deadline last year was taken into consideration while choosing a date for this yearā€™s release so Iā€™m expecting a date right around the 29th.

1 Like

True, but I canā€™t help but hoping that itā€™d be on the 21st. I mean,it would be so great if theyā€™d end our excruciating wait on Friday the 21st instead of on the 28th!

2 Likes

100% agree. I want it to be tomorrow and I have some hope but Iā€™m just planning for the 28th so I donā€™t end up disappointed haha

3 Likes

Exactly. And itā€™s not just material resourcesā€¦.its having counselors that have time to sit down with you and help you (my counselor has 900 students!) Iā€™m on my own, in that regard. No help. When I read about ppl talking with their counselor about xyz, I laugh. I canā€™t get to mine! Having smaller class sizes (some of my classes have 40 kids in them) so that teachers get to know you and can write great letters of rec. My grandma taught for over 59 years in public and private and chartersā€¦.she can tell you that privates often (not always) can offer resources and support that Publics cannot. Parents PAY, so they get to dictate what occurs at the school. My school has over 4000 students and is like a cattle operation. Classes get capped and thereā€™s nothing we can do about it because they donā€™t hire more teachers. Itā€™s sad. Iā€™m definitely sending my own kids to private school.

6 Likes

The question is why? Teachers are paid well. At many publics in our state, class sizes are under 25. Some of the poorer districts spend more money than some of the wealthier districts, because money is distributed at the county level etc. It does vary a lot by state. Look at the NY numbers: Average Public School Spending / Student (2023). The average spending across the country for public schools is 16k as per the above link. The average private school tuition nationally is 12k Average Private School Tuition Cost (2023)

Some of the reasons contributing to this are that private schools have lower overhead due to the fact that they are not mandated to provide special services for high need or at risk students. Public schools systems are required to take any student regardless of ability or disability. They have to hire professionals to work with the special needs students as well as social workers and psychologists. Additionally, there is the cost of transporting students to and from school regardless of distance from the school if they are in district.

1 Like

When is EA coming out? Tomorrow?

Hmmmā€¦are they really?

Recognize that this is all off topicā€¦

Good luck to all as we navigate the last few days of waiting! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but also mentally preparing for the 28th :slight_smile:

4 Likes