UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

This makes everyone going crazy now.

1 Like

Easy nowā€¦There are Buckeye parents who swallowed their pride and had their daughter apply to Michigan as her top choiceā€¦:slight_smile:

4 Likes

@MIKRBO @Malsandhuskies @Silver77 @userrr12328598q54r @bonniep

Huh. Interesting! Five posters who are, or are watching for, Kinesiology. You MAY get one, maybe, two posters who applied to the School of Kinesiology, but five, maybe others? Thatā€™s got to be record for CC. Thatā€™s a statistically large sample size for the School of Kinesiology. :rofl:

Great, great program. One of my Dā€™s best friends will be graduating this Spring from the School of Kinesiology.

Edited: An additional Kinesiology major added to the list, so maybe you folks can connect later, if you desire.

4 Likes

I totally get it. My two eldest attend Miami of Ohio, so I have had to welcome a lot of Buckeye energy into my life (Iā€™m a UM alum, btw). Best of luck to your daughter. I know this is a nerve-racking time!

1 Like

My son is a current Kines Sports Management major. A few years ago I was harder to find comments on this site.

1 Like

I just wish we would something from some school somewhere!!! The waiting is so hard!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard from reliable sources that youā€™ll definitely hear decisions within the next 11 days.

5 Likes

Letā€™s hope itā€™s just not deferred!

2 Likes

Sadly, it will most likely be a deferral for my D. So we expect the actual wait to be a lot longer than 11 days :frowning_face:

why deferral pessimism if results arent out?

Because thatā€™s what her school GC told her to expect based on her experience with other kids with similar stats and profile.
Plus Iā€™ve heard from others too that a lot of EA applicants get deferred.

So just keeping expectations low/realistic. Any pleasant surprise will be welcome.

5 Likes

At this point I wouldnā€™t sway to any side. There are always surprises when it comes to admissions. Lets all hang in there.

4 Likes

Hello, all! Add another to the list! My S22 applied for Kinesiology/Sport Management also! The waiting is harder for me I thinkā€¦ Curious where the other Kinesiology applicants are considering?

2 Likes

Mom of a Jersey boy here - we heard the same thing from our college counselor. Kid is slowly preparing for this most likely possibility. Will have to keep lots of his favorite ice cream on handā€¦

1 Like

My DD applied Kines. Focus on the Applied Exercise part not Sports Management. She applied to UWisco, UDEL, UVM, UCB - which all seem to have nice programs.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a firm believer in lowered expectations. Only about 1 in 6 or 1 in 7 applicants will be accepted EA, so the odds arenā€™t spectacular for sure.

But having said that, CC is more highly accomplished group and performs much better than the general population of applicants.

4 Likes

Does anyone know the average stats for Stamps students who are typically admitted?

How does your son like the program? Good networking opportunities for internships or jobs? Iā€™m thinking that is very important to this type of career.

also from NJ can I ask what the profile is so I can manage expectations gc gave no feedback

The best and only info that I have:

https://stamps.umich.edu/undergraduate-admissions/admissions-faq

Your portfolio is 50% of the admissions decision, so that makes grades and test scores, if any (the scores), a little less important than the other schoolā€™s (LSA, CoE, etc.) applicants, though not Ross.

STAMPS applicants are ā€œrarer than henā€™s teethā€ around this site, much more rare than Kinesiology. Like the level of Taubman. So, not much info from here.

2 Likes