UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My daughter also applied to Syracuse sport management, UNC and UF. Other colleges as well but for data analytics as she is interested in sport analytics concentration. Michigan is her first choice. My older daughter goes there and she is a huge Michigan Football fan—Go Blue!!! Really hoping she is accepted…

3 Likes

I think my son applied to the PPE program

1 Like

Ayeee I did

1 Like

I love it!!

What’s that?

Part of LSA

1 Like

Those sound like great choices for analytics! My son is also considering UNC and FSU. He was accepted at OSU, Pitt and UGA so far! I am happy he already has some great choices.

1 Like

Of course bringing it back to UMich - it would be amazing to be accepted since UMich has an entire Kinesiology school.

1 Like

Fingers crossed decisions come out tomorrow, but my gut says it won’t. With the increase in applications post-Covid, I wouldn’t be surprised if decision dates continue to be pushed back in the years to come. GA Tech which usually comes out around the 20th-23rd has been pushed to the 29th, so clearly, I anticipate the same to happen to popular EA schools. :frowning:

Did he apply to Kinesiology or LSA at UMich?

Last year, when did UMich offically announce their EA release date? Did they post it on social media (or other platforms) before the 29th?

My kid’s interested in PPE!

1 Like

I have a question – does it matter what major you apply for in LAS? Say, you indicate CS vs Russian Studies, does it change the odds of admission for the same set of stats? Assuming you can submit a credible application for both majors …

Those are great choices! My daughter was accepted to Pitt also for data analytics but she prefers sports analytics. She also got accepted to SUNY Binghamton School of Management. Hasn’t heard from anywhere else but expecting two more this month in addition to Michigan. Really hoping Michigan comes through for her.

1 Like

Attempting to manage expectations for decision release tomorrow but can’t help but think about how the message displayed on our portals at the beginning of the week was the same message displayed on Mondays the past two years before the Friday of release!

9 Likes

She may get postponed to RD but I still think she has a good chance of being admitted, especially if she took challenging courses in high school. Good luck!

1 Like

Multiple students at my daughter’s in state school have been rejected umich and accepted at multiple ivies. Yield is a real factor.

2 Likes

According to the last two CDS’s, roughly 10% (2020-2021 = 12%, 2019-2020 = 9%) of the enrolled applicants (approx. 7,000) had a uwGPA between 3.50-3.74. (Note: 2020-2021 is somewhat of an anomalous year, so I used 2 years).

Now some of that 10%-ish could be recruited athletes, no one knows for sure, but they do admit applicants with uwGPA’s in that 3.50-3.74 range. And essays are considered 'important." Best of luck to your D.

3 Likes

Do all of you have UMIDs next to your name in the portal?

yes