UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Many write letter of interest prior to this EA launch. Writing one after EA with COI or continued letter of interests would be the second or third contact to the AO… You asked.

When my ea decision came out last year, the portal change happened that Monday.The same happened with the year before, so I would say pretty common

6 Likes

It seems that way but not really. Many of these kids are taken EA. I know many that were in the last 5 years. There are just so many applications of stellar students applying. Schools with a history IE feeder schools have some advantage here also.

1 Like

i messaged them on instagram and asked if there would be a warning ahead of time (a post on twitter or ig) and they said the “warning” is the email saying the decision is in the portal. Sounds like no other announcement like other schools give!

3 Likes

That’s consistent with what I’m saying. I said “high probability of deferral”, not “no chance of acceptance”. So we’re on the same page. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I just got an email about UMich financial aid needing a document… don’t email me this on the day decisions might be coming out :sob::sob:

4 Likes

Wishing everyone in this thread luck whether or not decisions are released today. My oldest is a sophomore at UMich and couldn’t be happier. Now waiting to hear on a decision all over again and it’s hard. Stay strong, all!

10 Likes

This email also has a preview line that I can’t read in the actual email… like the actual email is pretty normal, reminding me that I need to submit my CSS Profile B (talked to them a few months back and was told I’ll just need to submit those if admitted, so ignore the emails), but there’s a preview saying “Submit these ASAP so we can process your financial aid.” which doesn’t actually appear in the email :sob:

thats a good sign, yes?!?!

perhaps thats a hint??

I’m not sure… hopefully LOL

I didn’t get anything like that. I don’t know if this is a telling sign but uhhhh I’m freaking out

1 Like

Have you submitted all your finaid docs? I wasn’t able to submit my non-custodial parent’s income and I have to wait to see if I’m admitted before UMich wants me to submit the waiver I need. It’s probably nothing!

Yeah I submitted my CSS profile and my fafsa back in late october

also same! they haven’t received any of my docs for some reason so they sent me an email saying to submit lol

it’s probably that then! you most likely still have a good chance, we just got emails because they haven’t received all our info

1 Like

Do you have the weird preview line in your email that doesn’t appear in the email?

UMich is evil if they send us this email then defer/reject us the same day :sob:

8 Likes

“Entering Students & Families: Apply Now for 2022-2023 Financial Aid.” That’s the subject line for mine. My financial aid is all kinds of messed up though

Okay phew, hopefully all is well… I guess we’ll see soon. Hopefully tonight lol