UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

There seems to be some changes since last year. Now they do accept super score.

It is interesting that they invite applicants for interviews but say that has no bearing on admissions and also not everyone gets interviews. I believe it does give students opportunity to ask questions and get to know more about the school but again why not give this opportunity to everyone. Not sure what the interview selection criteria is now that this is done virtually.

1 Like

Maybe they will be earlier 
 now that I re-read their website it says, “Decisions will be released no later than the end of January 2022” 
 mid-December would qualify as no later than the end of January. We can hope, right?

2 Likes

I would think that they wouldn’t be asking alumni to do the interviews if they didn’t matter. I have done alumni interviews in the past for my MBA program, and I would not waste my time if they didn’t matter.

My alma mater does non evaluative alumni meetings with students because they don’t have the ability to meet with everyone. It’s still nice to connect with prospective students and answer their questions and share a more personal connection.

1 Like

Yes, but I was speaking more about “in the past.” Covid changed a lot of things about the process. I edited my response above.

My daughter received an email about the HAIL interview this morning too.

Is the interview only for Engg school?

I believe so. The LSA interview request page says:

Please note: we do not interview prospective students.

1 Like

(my D applied to LSA)

Thank you.

SMTD (School of Music, Theater and Dance) applicants may be interviewed too, besides possible CoE HAIL applicants.

2 Likes

HAIL!! LOL. Your just talking to another human being. But, it doesn’t really matter. Many get in without it. But
 It does help with interest
 So just do it and don’t call the interviewer and idiot and you should be fine :telephone_receiver::joy:

2 Likes

Look under application review process. It can only help you
 Just don’t call your interviewer and idiot :rofl:

2 Likes

Some might get accepted earlier but some might not but having the HAIL is a good thing to but since not everyone can possibly be interviewed its not fair to assume it can help per se. It’s done randomly and by who they have to actually do Alumni interviews
 It’s not for bragging rights
 I guess

1 Like

This is done at all schools. There simply isn’t enough interviewers possible to interview everyone that just applies to this program

I was also under the impression that the HAIL interview process applied only to in-state applicants. Did I get that wrong ?

we are OOS, D22 got the invitation from Michigan Engineering.

3 Likes

The HAIL scholarship, which is for low income students and is completely different, is only for instate student. HAIL interviews are only for people who applied for Engineering and are for both instate and out of state.

2 Likes

Bingo! You would think they would change one of the names to be less confusing

2 Likes

thank you so much for the clarification