UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I know someone said 3 pm (EST?) is when decisions come out, but is that confirmed?

1 Like

Itā€™s not a cc thing and yes atypical stands outā€¦

same and no email.

1 Like

All I know for sure about today isā€¦ Weā€™re breaking 1,000 today :joy:

12 Likes

Not confirmed, just was typically 3 in past years.

1 Like

I think decisions will definitely come out today!

Unlessā€¦ they decide to release next Friday instead.

9 Likes

My S22 also applied for Sports Management! My other son got in EA 2 years ago. Decisions delivered before Xmas back then, so it was a much easier wait. I told my 22 son that odds were slim for this major at UMā€¦I think they only take 200ish freshman and many slots go to student athletes. He has already been accepted at a couple other schools for SM, so if he doesnā€™t get in, heā€™s ok with it. We knew it would be a stretch. IMO, one of the ā€œconsā€ about UM is the ability to switch schools once you are in a specific college. Very very difficult to transfer into Kines or Ross.

1 Like

For context, my older son got into LSA. MUCH larger acceptance pool.

Yes but very easy to do cross campus transfer into others

It totally depends on the school.
Easy to applyā€¦not so easy to get in, depending on the school. My sons roommate transferred into Engineering from LSA after freshman year. NOt so sure how many they take.

My son also got this email.

1 Like

My son did this 5 years ago also. Wanted to look into Actuary science for a minute. He applied to engineering and was accepted on the due date February 1st. Just had to write an essay and meet the criteria listed. Never guaranteed but he doesnā€™t know anyone that wanted to transfer that couldnā€™t. Michigan really wants to support their students. But yes the ones you listed are more outliers

1 Like

Did he apply to Kines?

If decisions were today would it be at 3pm EST or 5pm EST?

In recent years, they have released at 3pm EST. However, I donā€™t think 5pm EST is impossible. I believe they have released at 5pm a few times in the past.

1 Like

My daughter also applied to SM and Mich is her first choice. What other schools did your son apply to? My daughter has only received decisions from 2 schools that did not have SM.

We received this exact email and phrasing back in November. We just assumed it was a blanket email to everyone.

What is my chance to get into UMich if I was accepted to Caltech? I know that Michigan acceptances can be weird sometimes.

Last week someone called and they told them it was definitely not that day. Has anyone called today to find out if itā€™s today and gotten a similar response?

3 Likes

I think someone did call today