UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I don’t want to be that mean person, but calling is a waste of time.

And no one has any confirmed info on a release date or time. No one. But the EA release is usually AROUND 3:00 PM EST.

4 Likes

That’s the way they’ve done for over a decade that I’ve been watching or researching for D18. It’s a cliche, but “it is what it is.”

And the UMIch Admissions Twitter is useless. It posted a pretty picture on 1/15 and nothing since.

7 Likes

And last year around the same time - they tweeted a Bernie Sanders meme “waiting for my EA results”. But no tweet ahead of or even on decision day. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone here also waiting on Wisconsin-Madison? Wondering what the odds are they they release around the same date. I think I heard somewhere that historically they’ve tried to. Not sure that’s accurate.

9 Likes

Now do I have all the Kinesiology people? Nine (9) is like crazy BIG sample for this forum. We may have all the non-recruited athletes just on this forum alone. :rofl:

@MIKRBO @Malsandhuskies @Silver77 @userrr12328598q54r @bonniep @aquarius1 @Jodileone @andrewpowell44 @Agg2022

Edited to add one, er, two, three more!

6 Likes

I am also waiting on both schools, no idea when either will actually come out

2 Likes

Decisions would be mad hype… I need that jawn

3 Likes

me too!

1 Like

one more here for Kinesiology.

2 Likes

It could be a way of making sure their servers don’t crash. The University of California system crashes every release of Cal and UCLA. Both schools give a heads up that they are releasing and of course, it turns into an extremely frustrating, time-wasting endeavor and that’s for those that gain admission :rofl: Those that are denied or waitlisted it becomes a scream fest at the end with no joy to fall back on. Said all of that to say…not giving a heads up controls the rush of 50K applicants checking the portal at the same time. That’s my guess as to why the school is sticking with the “end of the month” mantra. Of course they know when they are releasing the decisions.

8 Likes

I also applied to kinesiology!

2 Likes

Since there so many applications to the School of Kinesiology this cycle here on CC, one of the smaller schools at UMich, I’m trying to keep track of you folks so that you more easily check back for results and communicate with each other, if needed.

Why do athletes usually apply Kines?

I can not wait to hear if this question is answered …

Also to keep @sushiritto busy… When accepted or postponed give if your in or out of state, major, unweighted GPA and Act /Sat score if you have it.

Good luck.

Playing sports often leads to job interest in sports or just want more info about the body in general.

Also, Michigan has one of the best programs!

3 Likes

or… simply buy more webservers so the portal doesn’t crash.

The number of people who are simultaneously on Amazon’s or Netflix’s websites for example, is a lot more. It’s a solvable problem.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it does, TBH. I have one currently at UMich and one applying now and don’t think it gives us any better chance than anyone else.

What about parents?