UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

also, this is of course anecdotal, but i already have friends who went test optional and have gotten into amazing schools!! (like brown university, yale, upenn) so i have faith for those of us who did not submit test scores

1 Like

Wishing I went test optionalā€¦ I submitted my 1380 and regret it every day.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a twin, so I know how chaotic this process can be in a twin house!! Itā€™s a LOT! Good luck to them both! They obviously did great in HS.

My son submitted his ACT Score.

there was a place on Umich section of the Common App to indicate any relatives currently attending. Sibling was one of the options.

The test optional game will be reviewed for years to come. We all did the same thing, if our stats are above the average we sent them in. If we are below, we did not. There is not much data, but I know from two specific colleges that I will not disclose that we are asking the wrong question when we make this test / no test decision.

We all wonder ā€œhow many kids got admitted that did not submit tests?ā€ And a lot of schools gave us that number. In the case of the two schools I am referring to, the numbers were around 30% for both schools. So 30% of last years class did not submit. That made us all feel good.

But that is not the right question, the question is ā€œwhat was the acceptance rate from non submitters?ā€ And this is where the data kills us. The acceptance rate for these kids was much lower because there were so many more non-submitters.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great score! SAT isnā€™t everything. They can read applicants well from more than 1 score.

1 Like

Thank you <3 Everyone one here is so supportive!! The Michigan community is already shining here on CC

2 Likes

This is quite random as well but for anyone who knows first gen low income high achieving sophomores who will be juniors next year, tell them to look up Thrive Scholars! I am part of the program and it is the best decision Iā€™ve made, they helped me through the entire college process and helped me perfect my applications and everything (hopefully that means my UMich application as well). And side note more related to UMich, someone who was in their grad school and led workshops for prospective UMich students recently came to work there! Just thought Iā€™d share for anyone interested who may need a little bit of extra help potentially getting to Umich in their college journey : )

5 Likes

My senior submitted his ACT scores because they are good scores and hopefully a boost to the application.

Any thoughts on my chances? I applied lsa with preferred to Ross. 1510 sat one sitting, 1540 superscore. 3.9 unweighted gpa at a medium sized public high school in state. Weighted gpa is 4.2. I am the student body President, NHS public relations officer on EBoard, Leadership Council Co-President, among other things. I also wrote strong, unique essays, and not sure how much this factors in but I visited (Iā€™ve heard about showing interest with schools that do yield protection like Michigan).

Took the ACT and got a 31,I submitted it but now starting to think maybe I shouldnā€™t havešŸ˜….

Must be yes.

Are decisions going to come today?

Maybe

nobody knows. sit tight like everybody else.

Iā€™m mad nervous. Is CoE hardest to get into at UMich?

itā€™s either 3 mins or 10,080 minsā€¦

9 Likes

Iā€™m so nervous good luck to all

1 Like

itā€™s either 3 mins or 10,080 minsā€¦

5 Likes