UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

so just clarifying that LSA prospective students are not being interviewed at all?

Correct.

2 Likes

Did anyone send your resume to the University of Michigan? Will they accept it? Thank you

Just send what they ask for on the application. If you feel you have some special to send you can always send it to your schools AO for Michigan. More is not better and this can just be tossed.

1 Like

I don’t recall anyone ever mentioning sending their resume. As @Knowsstuff mentions, I’d just send what’s required. No more no less.

2 Likes

My daughter who is a freshman at UMich College of Engineering didn’t get a HAIL interview but was accepted OOS with a nice merit scholarship. Some of her friends got an interview but weren’t accepted.

3 Likes

Do you think getting an interview is not a positive sign? D22 got an invite from
HAIL.

From what I have heard, HAIL interviews have no impact on whether someone is admitted or not. It all has to do with availability of alumni in your area compared to the amount of kids applying for engineering.

1 Like

OOS, we haven’t received any interview yet.

The interview is only for engineering school applicants.

D applied for Bio Medical engineering.

No, I didn’t mean it like that. What I meant is that an interview has no impact at almost all schools.
It will be an opportunity for her to ask questions

1 Like

GoodLuck! My daughter is majoring in BioMedical Engineering

2 Likes

an interview has no impact at almost all schools

I believe that statement warrants additional clarification. “No impact” isn’t true of all alumni interviews.
Interviews fall into two categories depending on the school - “informative”, or “evaluative”.

Informative interviews have no impact on admission and primarily serve to provide an applicant with more information about the school, its programs, campus life, etc.

Evaluative interviews on the other hand do matter (to varying extents) in the admissions process. They are by no means a make-or-break factor, but the interviewer’s written feedback report is taken into consideration.

Having said that, it appears the UMich interview is informative and does not factor into the admissions process.

“No impact at almost all schools” is what was posted and I believe that to be true as well.

No impact for “all alumni interviews” was not what was said there.

Anyone else get a request to submit additional financial information?

It can only help and not hurt but it gives you no real advantage.

On Campus for "The Game "
 Should be fun
 Campus is waking up

Are you leaving after the 1st Q or at halftime? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Go Blue :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Does anyone know acceptance rate by instate vs out of state for CoE?