UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes. I know that. My point is IF today when is the latest. I remember him having a 6pm decision and a 10pm decision although the latter may be for later releases.

I tagged him because I don’t want to misspeak, or talk for him on the latest release from his experience and notes.

I have no clue, but does it really impact the workings of the admissions committee?

2 Likes

the fact that no other thread has students wondering being lost and helpless about decisions shows how courteous other unis are to well inform their children unlike umich who is so so indecisive. Not only have they been disgraceful enough to give a date of release but they’ve also been doing this website change and not giving us a word on what to expect. Then when results are out most people are deferred. Like yeah thanks for wasting our time and taking a toll on our mental as a bonus.

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone liked him anyway. My D18 and I certainly didn’t like him. His handling of the pandemic on campus was shoddy.

But I’m not sure his firing would have any affect on admissions. You can make an argument that you would want the happiness, excitement and good news to go out ASAP to bury the news of his firing, if you’re a publicist. Like “look at the shiny new object over here!”

7 Likes

Ikr :smiling_face_with_tear: I really hope it’s not true. Still going to check the portal tonight

That’s probably a little too harsh. No uni, or rather noone would ideally want to subject you to this pressure unless they have work on their own. It’s hard to predict backroom problems/management unique to each university right? Yes, they can give out a date and adhere to it, even if it’s late, so i get where you are coming from. But due to pandemic and rise in apps, they are prolly swaped too

Around 3:00 pm Eastern and think once 5:00 pm Eastern time…

There’s a first for everything I guess! Fingers crossed

as an international student staying up till 3 and 4 am cause that’s the time conversion here for 6pm EST and that too for days for a month cause the university doesnt even care to give us an update on what to expect or what’s really happening is super frustrating

1 Like

Come on bud, it’s Singapore here…nothing beats us early :grin:

1 Like

yup and its india here , while its nearly 7am at ur place we’re still at 5 am

1 Like

I called the Admissions Office today because I couldn’t stand seeing my daughter fraught with worry. I was told they will send an email when decisions are posted on the portal. Fingers crossed it is 7 PM tonight. Another week will kill her.

3 Likes

Indeed. Waiting is tough.

And I’m sure all of you too. You are all wonderful students who will succeed wherever you go and whatever you do.

2 Likes

Why would it be 7?

Based on the chatter on this thread, I would assume it is 7 PM tonight if it were released tonight.

It’s an hourly matter now

As each our passes, we increment another in hopefully not idle hope :grin:

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it be 7?

(I have no reasoning to think it’s 7. I’m just desperately hoping)

2 Likes

Come to think of it, MIT does ease the pressure with the PI number thing for EA and RD? Not that it matters in acceptance anyways

So it’s says on their website… End of January Application Changes | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

What you saw Monday was just maintenance on the portal.

Next week you will see the difference and it is the end of the month also…

But after next week there will be different RD roll outs that have been mentioned. Many will wait till mid April. This is just the start of it all.

It sucks but if accepted and you can afford it it’s a wonderful university with great outcomes.

Good Luck.

1 Like