UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

At least overall for U of M, instate is 41% versus oos is 17%. CoE has a similar acceptance rate to the overall college acceptance rate, so I would assume it is quite similar.

What is the source of these statistics?

The numbers I put down were slightly off.

This is for the engineering acceptance rate.

It should be noted that those admission stats are for the Class of 2024, which had 65,000 apps during the initial stage(s) of the pandemic.

The Class of 2025 had roughly 80,000 applications and those instate vs OOS breakdowns havenā€™t been published yet as far as I can tell. But we can safely say that the Class of 2025 acceptance rates were down overall from the Class of 2024.

2 Likes

Thank you. I guess I was just trying to point out that there likely was a significant difference between applying instate vs oos. It would be very interesting to see whether the difference is the same or more pronounced for class of 2025.

Go Blue!

Go Blue!

D18 is on the field. Iā€™m OK with her missing Thanksgiving now. :rofl:

3 Likes

Go Blue! Absolutely fantastic game!

1 Like

Ha, we were on the field at the end. So much funā€¦

My daughter took 5:30 a.m. flight today and went straight to tail gate!!! Iā€™m glad she watched such an epic game. Go Blue!!!

Does UMich deeply take SAT score into account? D has a score of 1380: 700 reading and 680 math. D is legacy, 9 AP with 4s and 5s, good GPA, leadership in ec, well-written essays. She applied to LSA for communications; are her chances super low with the SAT score or does she have a shot?

The CDS says it is important, but not very important. It also depends on residency. Is your daughter instate or oos? If she is instate, it would probably be a high match. Oos can make it a reach for anyone.

Her SAT is in between the 25th and 75th percentile, so she is still in the game.

A ā€œgood GPAā€ doesnā€™t provide enough info to assess chance of admission. The average uwGPA is 3.9 for the Class of 2025. GPA and course rigor are considered very important factors for admission.

1 Like

Even though the Big House ā€œonlyā€ holds around 110,000+ football fans, Iā€™m sure in the future 1,000,000 will claim to have been there today. :joy:

1 Like

Mine headed back Friday morningā€¦also on the field after the win!

Do we have to fill CSS profile right now ie before getting the admission? I am getting email reminders even though the deadline is March 31st. OOS here.

111,000 yesterday and some change. I have pics on the field at the 50 yard markā€¦ So I can confirmā€¦ Lolā€¦ OK, back to the regular threadā€¦ Just to let people applying here I was at a Thanksgiving dinner and there where 2 engineers there. One from Duke and one from Purdue both early 30s and they wanted to know what Michigan is known forā€¦ Asking the wrong person since I know the factsā€¦ Lolā€¦ I just stated they are ranked in the top ten of about 40 majors and they both were like very impressedā€¦ My wife looked at me to end it there since I could of gone on :rofl: