UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Does anyone have a screenshot that proves that they said ON January 31st rather than BY?

No, but it was super easy to live chat if you would like to do the same :slight_smile:

So not sure what your comparing this to or what your asking. We are OOS and it wasn’t 4x instate University of Illinois Champaign in comparison.

All first year engineering graduates will make the same amount when hired by a company no matter where they went to school as a rule. My son had interviews and basically a job offer around this time last year. He is in Industrial engineering, IOE, and works for an international company in a 4 year leadership program (companies have these), so he will end up in Management. He does 1year in the US and 3 years abroad. Due to the pandemic he only had 1 internship for engineering in Israel and had engineering study abroad in France through Michigan. His other internship was canceled
 Bummer

All his CS friends had job offers like by Oct /November time-frame it seemed. Like his job they came to Michigsn specifically to hire a Michigan Grad. He was their first one and he did the interviews this year for the company.

He and his friends were all very active in the Michigan community with a active Augmented Reality organization they started with major speakers etc. Everyone wanted to be at Michigan to help. Microsoft, Ford, Etc
 Also Michigan as a school went out of their way to provide help including financing when needed.

I can go on but as a freshman he and his Ross friends entered and were awarded about $15,000 in competitions to get grants to start to build the club.

Also once they registered the club with Michigan, that day, Alumni actually reached out to them to help. So did professors. Some were from Silicon Valley
 So
 Was it worth it
 I would think he would say hell ya

It’s all what you make it. He also worked all 4 years for extra money and went to football games etc. Time management is key.

2 Likes

I asked 5 min ago and they told me there was no specific date and that it would be by end of january

4 Likes

This seems like the most legitimate answer. I can’t see them releasing decisions on Monday, it seems weird.

We received two different answers then!

Once in the past 10 years they did release results on a Monday. So never rule anything out 

The people answering calls/handling chats are not the decision makers. They are just answering commonly asked questions based off of a fact sheet they’ve been given. So with regards to the decision date, I’m guessing based on who responds to a chat some are correctly answering “by Jan 31” and some are saying “on Jan 31”. I highly doubt the latter have any special insight into this that the others don’t.

Monday is highly unlikely - I’m still betting on Friday.

5 Likes

Totally agree- I think there is some non-specific verbiage happening in the call center :wink:

3 Likes

:+1:Yep

You are correct - they told me “by”

1 Like

These are all standard answers. What else are they supposed to do. Some can be students working there.

2 Likes

yeah that was my point it’s more than likely friday

1 Like

Or “Carmen” could just be a bot, like Siri or Alexa :smile:

3 Likes

1 Like

@Cgod btw - only go to a school that you can afford. Don’t go to Michigsn or any school that you can’t afford cleanly. Taking out loans past what your child can take ($27,500),is just not worth it. Mortgaging the house or your retirement isn’t going to increase his outcomes. CS can be an outlier to some extent but the school you go to will give you fit /feel for your child but not always better outcomes. Saying this, Michigan’s outcomes are excellent and they should be. Also their faculty and facilities and opportunities are all excellent. But your child if involved in just about any campus, can also have similar excellent outcomes. I am also on the engineering threads and follow those at different schools.

4 Likes

How’s school going?

Looks like Michigan screen is up for long time compared to last week

That’s actually pretty funny and I am sure the CS kids can program that
 :rofl:
 Like give out the same but slightly different answers to throw off everyone

2 Likes

so I just spoke to someone on the online chat and he said that it can come out any day, but January 31st is the latest

3 Likes