UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

If I were a student /, family waiting for a decision I would check your portal on Wed, Thursday and Friday at 3:00 pm. Eastern time or better yet set your phone for this site to vibrate. This site will explode when decisions come out and kids at your school will also know.

For the postponed, you might need to send in midterm grades so still do well. It’s important to Michigan that your getting ready for college not just ending senior year…

FYI - my kids just didn’t like check portals etc. Once they got the email to check their portals they knew their answer is awaiting them. Nothing you can do until that time…

To the parents/students … Yes, kids from your school kids will get in with lessor grades and stats. Just congratulate them. You would want the same in return.

After 2 kids and friends kids and like 6 years here. Kids somehow end up where they are supposed to be. My son got some rejections that he scratched his head at but trust me landed where he was supposed to be at and same with my daughter and like all of our friends kids. When asking them years later they are all happy where they landed.

Good Luck.

17 Likes

So far so good, adjusting to fully in-person school after a year and a half of on and off virtual was definitely the hardest part, especially with some already difficult classes. Organic chemistry is no joke! Thanks for asking.

This would be incorrect. I posted the last 10 years of EA decisions above. Not a Monday in there. Only Wednesdays, one Thursday and Fridays. No Mondays and no Tuesdays.

2 Likes

Yep! I just tried to login to check something on my financial aid and it gave me that screen

Well that’s great. I remember your name and yes… Organic chemistry is no joke.

I usually tell the ones on here especially engineering that Michigan is a really tough school for the best students. It’s a big adjustment from high school for many. I remember when my high stat, GPA kid got his first “C” ever! He told me that was the “good” grade for the class… :rofl:

Glad that things worked out and I am sure your advise here is invaluable for those applying. Good Luck with the rest of your time.

2 Likes

Again, as I mentioned earlier, live chatting or calling is a waste of time. But it’s your time. So do as you please.

They’re just going to parrot the company line of “by January 31st.”

Keep in mind that CC is a very small microcosm of the real life applicants. Many here will have higher grades /stats and no imperfections… Lol…

In between releases students have been accepted. We just don’t see these really reflected on cc. Once in awhile someone will state something or on Reddit…

Also hint on the admissions page they are still showing "The Cube " from like 2 days ago… So like nothing to see here yet :eyes:

2 Likes

I am thinking the Postponed number will be a lower percentage this year. Surely they know that releasing EA this late and Postponing 50% of the pool is not professional. I bet they were overwhelmed last year and had no choice. I am predicting they were ready for the huge volume this year and recognize that they need to make more real decisions to preserve the sanctity of their system.

Exactly. As much as those of us anxiously waiting want to hear an earlier date or a more specific date/time it’s not going to happen. No one is going to tell you anything different than “by Jan 31”, and if they do they are simply misspeaking.

4 Likes

This could be their new normal also. There are some advantages to releasing this late. Think UIUC pushed their back to Feb 25 th… But just one release also.

Yep. Also, by postponing high stat kids past mid-Feb, they’ll clear out all of the ED2 acceptances too as those students will need to pull out. We forget that this is, first and foremost, a business and an academic institution second. Yes, state schools are businesses for the state. One of the reasons we’ll never see a return to mandated test scores for just about every school. It’s a tremendous money maker.

1 Like

right, and by being after Dec, they already cleared out ED 1 applications.

Yep back… Lol… I am not a fan of test scores but you need something to go by… I still think having them can help if their decent… All these schools are tracking these things to make sure they don’t change the outcomes of the students.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it defeats the purpose of Early Action…

2 Likes

Maybe by keeping it on longer (maybe all the way through decision time?) they’re looking to catch the attention of applicants who have already been accepted to another school and plan to go there instead of Michigan, in the hope that they will withdraw their application and free up additional spots.

6 Likes

Could be…

That’s most definitely good advice. I never had issues in high school so the adjustment took a while but it was certainly worth it. I’m hoping to provide a little insight for nervous applicants as someone who actually went through the process last year and was a ball of anxiety around this time last year as well. Lol. Thank you for the kind words and well wishes!

1 Like

I can’t even see the three bars anymore, when I log in it shows up automatically.

You will be told the result only on a need to know basis. You don’t need to know at this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that sign is a good indicator that decisions are coming out this week :wink:… Lol…

2 Likes