UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Didn’t he go to Williams?

1 Like

Hard to believe the cube was an accident. That is the first stop on the UM campus tour!!!

2 Likes

Where did you access this?

There are no coincidences!

1 Like

As a swiftie I must apply my swiftie sleuthing skills to the college admissions process

10 Likes

Do you have to apply for this program?

If you’re referring to the Summer Bridge Scholars program, no, Michigan invites the applicant.

Here’s a video about the program:

1 Like

I was thinking, they withdraw, schools keep them in their total ap count, but count them as a rejection, waitlist, etc. I’m not sure, just thinking it through and wondering how it works on both ends. Obviously, the university would want to swing it to their advantage. I don’t know much about the process.

1 Like

LOL we are finding every possible theory to when they will release.

2 Likes

Still have the black screen with the “early action decisions are being processed” message. Looks like that’s staying up until they announce? I know the odds are slim, but it would be fantastic if they released before Friday. Wisconsin teased on their social media today, too. C’mon people! Just do it already! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Where is the UMich ea Reddit thread?

Honestly I wish they’d remove that! I have to check something on my portal for financial aid but the only button I can press is to withdraw my application which is not what I want to do! :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Wait how does one see the LSA scholarship application :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I don’t want to be the math guy but… if 10 people apply and 1 is accepted, the acceptance rate = 10% regardless if the other nine were rejected, withdrawn or not actioned for any other reason.
There is no reason to play games and mislabel.
In this situation the denominator remains unchanged whether the college takes action or the applicant takes action. The numerator is only impacted by acceptances. Therefore, only acceptances and application count impact this metric!

But that admit rate is dependent on yield. Every college will internally calculate a target admit rate keeping in mind historical yield and uncertainty about that estimate. Getting rid of ED admits by delaying decision keeps the denominator intact but allows the college to make a smaller pool of admission offers thereby preserving the admit rate low. ED is simply a handshake agreement between the school and the applicant to keep the admit rate low for the total pool but higher than the others for the applicant.

Wait what did Wisconsin tease?

Sorry, not talking of Ed. I was referring to EA and RD. I should of been more clear. Those folks tend to wait to see all their options unfortunately.

1 Like

for yield the denominator is the numerator for acceptance= # accept, whereas the numerator is the number accepting admission and enrolling.
Neither have any mathematical relationship to classification of those not accepted nor the count of students not accepted.
Therefore, admit RATE is irrelevant. To inflate yield they need to keep the denominator as low as possible by trying to admit students with a high likelihood of enrolling ( count of accept- not rate)

They posted to make sure you know which email you used for your application because that’s where they’re sending decisions. It’s the same as an email they sent about a week ago, but posting it to social media seems like a step in the right direction to me. Also they got dozens of questions about whether or not that means decisions are imminent (as in tonight, or tomorrow) and didn’t answer any of them. We shall see!

1 Like

Damn maybe tonight? It might come out at 7 PM central time. If not, sometime tomorrow.