UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Ahh, tonight would be amazing. I’d take tomorrow, too. Fingers crossed!

black screen with message about early action decisions being processed on my D’s portal tonight

Yup. It has been like that since this morning.

1 Like

literally!! texted all my friends this theory… apparently we were wrong but I’m glad I’m not the only one with the same train of thought

1 Like

how do u know we were wrong tho

nvm- realized i’m dumb

Good catch, in my initial statement I should have said, “acceptance rate”, not yield.

Okay, Okay. I think my daughter is a genius.
I think the acceptances were supposed to go out last week … but my daughter and her friends have theorized that they had to bump the release because of the Schlissel firing. Think about it, all the letters that need to be reprinted (they will be mailed also), and the computer coding for all the online platforms plus changing the entire U of M website.

So I think we were right but unfortunately Schlissel’s firing was the biggest detour. That is my theory despite the fact that it really doesn’t matter we are still waiting for the results. I do think it’s this Friday, tho.

thoughts?

7 Likes

Well your daughter might be a genius but the President thing has nothing to do with the release. End of the month means… End of the month… I love when everyone tries to read into this stuff. It’s fun but just no :joy:

3 Likes

Funny, I was counting on our two leaders to confirm if there was any president signature name on any of the acceptance materials. I know the President at UT signs some letters.

I actually think it makes sense, not real company would make a major announcement that will bring 10,000 people to its website and searching its name with something like that going on. If it could have been delayed, the board would absolutely have required it.

3 Likes

I would assume Admissions would sign the letters… Presidents sign diplomas.

1 Like

They can change the name and had time to do it. So no… But it’s a theory non the less. You will know soon enough this week. Should have Mary Sue Colemans name on it. I would be surprised if it didn’t.

Check both your regular email and your junk /spam folders BTW when decisions are released. Some people didn’t initially see their notification email. People accepted will also get snail mail letters etc.

1 Like

Apparently the congratulatory link has always had great video links to Michigan moments and famous alumni. And a message from the President!

3 Likes

Ha… Hope someone posts it this year on here so we can see who does the congrats this year…

1 Like

the portal has changed for longer this time…can we expect the decision on wednesday? cause that is late January too…

1 Like

Also cause this time they didnt extend the EA submission deadline by 2 weeks like last year so ideally it should come before the date it came last time.

1 Like

I will be impressed if they do it on Wednesday. Seems much more likely to do it on Friday so people can digest the news over the weekend - before calling admissions with 50 questions.

10 Likes

You are correct…Black screen still there as of this am.
I agree with others though that it is unlikely we will see decisions before Friday .

2 Likes

seems so crazy to have it so late in the month - do you think there are still applications waiting to be read? Announce it already…

1 Like