UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

similar - already in UT bc auto admit, but waiting on Mich, UNC and UVA

The people on this Michigan board don’t know how good they have it. The fact that UT releases some decisions whenever they feel like it is way more stressful. Maybe you’ll hear, maybe you won’t…it’s the literal worst scenario.

2 Likes

I have friend studying CS there and was told class size are small, less than 100. Where did you hear that from?

I’m just amazed how active some guidance counselors are with kids. We are in a good school district, all of my kids are high academic achievers ending up in top 5 students of their respective class, and our counselors have no interaction on application or input on this process. Really not a great resource at all.

3 Likes

UMD=University of Maryland? I thought that one was February

Same here…wonder how much work they put in for the recommendation letters which are required by them. We did prepare resumes for ours so he can hopefully include the right material, but highly suspect he still has a “blah” standard he uses regardless how accomplished the kid is…On the flip side he has a few hundred kids assigned to him and probably does not have the time in the world…We’re in a pretty good public school, but it is a changing neighborhood profile with more college+ educated parents with higher incomes and higher goals for their kids…The school is lagging behind. Venting here but probably many similar stories on here unless in a private school !

2 Likes

In terms of class sizes, you would really have to try and compare CDS’s.

I’m in CA. So, that’s my comparison. The student-teacher ratios for the UC’s can range from 17:1 (UCLA) to 25:1 (UCSC), IIRC. Cal is about 19 or 20:1. Michigan has always reported 15:1, until 2020-2021, when the teacher-student ratio ticked down to 14:1.

And the CDS breaks it down by class section and sub-section.

1 Like

Yes, Maryland. Decisions are supposed to be released “by Feb 1”. In past years they’ve released on the last day of Friday (like UMich)

1 Like

That makes if 4 decisions for my daughter also coming out this week. Yikes!

1 Like

Feeling very confident about Friday, I really can’t see them releasing on Monday. Are we feeling pretty certain about this?

3 Likes
  1. Please see this link: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - Degrees Conferred by Program of Study - ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ CS is a different line item than Computer Engg which is a separate 97. CE is different. Mix of hardware and CS.

My sons GC has been useless. Turned in SRRs and transcripts too late for some schools causing him to miss their EA deadlines.

Thinking Wednesday is a real shot too. In the past, they have done Wednesdays. Honestly I am thinking 45% Wednesday, 45% Friday…10% all other days

2 Likes

I’d be happy either way, just really hoping they aren’t pushing it off until the 31st… that would be very lame

1 Like

I’m going with: 5% Wednesday, 92% Friday, 3% all other days.

(caveat: 83% of all statistics are made up) :wink:

2 Likes

Apologies if this has already been said, but how does Michigan alert us that decisions are coming out? Do we just keep checking the portal or do they send out something on social media?

The first option that you suggested. By the time the other two happens you will know your decision :innocent::innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

Ok, so we all have to pinky swear we will update CC as soon as we hear something :slight_smile: I’m counting on you!!!

2 Likes

Starting tomorrow till end of month check the portal between 2:45-3:00 PM EST you will have your decision

1 Like

It won’t be hard to figure out. 1 millisecond after Michigan releases decisions into the portals, the post count on this thread will increase by 1,000-5,000 posts. :smile:

8 Likes

Wish her luck! I’m also taking midterms this week and it’s a great distraction.