UMich SMTD 2027 Decisions

Hello! Has anyone received their Umich SMTD decision yet? I interviewed on January 20th for the PAT program. It is currently February 6th still waiting on a decision. I know the latest it could be is in March but I’ve seen people also get accepted earlier? Any updates?

1 Like

I’m sorry that I don’t know the answer to your question. I would suggest calling/emailing music admissions. You don’t need to ask about your status…which could be uncomfortable. You could simply ask about the process. I was not aware that UMich rolled admissions like some schools. So you could ask when a candidate such as yourself (RD, I’m assuming) should expect to hear results. You may be hearing the results at other types of candidates and making yourself worry for no reason.

And…since you interviewed on 01/20, it seems unlikely you would know results unless they roll admission…and even then…that would be a pretty fast turn around.

Oh I know it’s way early, and I’m not looking for a particular answer. I’m only hoping for eventual updates on the application process from others.

1 Like

Any updates?

Not yet, but should be soon. My guess is next week or the week after.

Anything yet?? At my vp audition they said late feb, so I’ve been checking every day!

Good news here. Daughter admitted - VP!!

5 Likes

I just got my decision and I was waitlisted. Not what I was hoping for but better than a rejection. Ive heard this is somewhat rare with smtd, is there still a decent shot of eventual acceptance?

2 Likes

Contacted by Admissions to inquire about whether or not D was still interested in UM SMTD :heart_eyes: I hope that this is a good sign…maybe there are spots opening up on the waitlist?

3 Likes

D, Admitted to SMTD, Dance! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

1 Like

How common is it to receive an acceptance off of the waitlist for the SMTD at Michigan? Is there a good chance of being admitted from off the waitlist? Can anyone speak to this? received a letter from UM - that was more positive than the usual waitlist letter for RD. Stated not to be disappointed because child is one of a small number of applicants offered this opportunity.

So we are making plans at other colleges and dangling by a string… It’s pretty stressful.

2 Likes

Well, I can only speak to our experience. However, the Waitlist opened and we were offered a spot! I think UMich and SMTD are pretty serious about their prospects and only consider a student for Waitlist if they are, in fact, potential candidates. Hang in there!

1 Like

Waitlists in music/arts do move. I have heard some waitlists could be a gentle decline outside of performance arts/music. My D came off a waitlist in early May. It was not a top contender for her so it didn’t matter. She actually forgot about it but got a call in early May to see if she was still interested. Unfortunately it leaves you in a “holding pattern”. It is best to consider another school…and if the waitlist moves in the next few weeks you will need to deal with it at that time.

3 Likes

Still dangling. and dangling and dangling. When is this going to stop so we can move on??

Did you ever receive acceptance from U of Michigan SMTD?

I just saw this. If you are still waiting, you may want to call UM SMTD and simply ask your status. I don’t want to give any false hope but there can be a chance because if they did not get enough students (similar to your kid…I’m not sure the instrument), they may be now reaching out to the waitlist. Someone may ask for a week to decide. If they pass then they will continue to reach out to others on the waitlist.

They will certainly understand why you are asking. And if you are showing enthusiasm sometimes that can help. You can also find out if they will contact when the studios are all full.

Just be aware that they could tell you that there is no or only a low chance. But at this point, I would think any information (even bad) is better than no information.

3 Likes

Very sad. Why lead people on like this?

Thank you. SMTD jerked us around. Very said. Very poor operation.