UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

where do u see this?

Did this school drop the decision without early notification in previous admission cycle?

1 Like

I can - After you log in, it says, “Congratulations on your admission to UM…” and I can just go ahead and register. If everyone can do this, it’s likely a glitch in the system, no?

what time do decisions normally come out does anyone know?

Is it 3pm? That is what i think i have read here.

2 Likes

Yes - they sent an email during the afternoon on the day of the release (this was for EA). However, the portal was closed for the entire week leading up to that Friday. Kids from last year said it was the same for them (a week of closed portal).

Thanks for clarification. Sounds it will be next Friday? :frowning:

if the honors app is due the 5th then they pretty much have to release decisions today right?

Speculation Post Below

There’s something else interesting that I found. I tried to make a Wolverine access account using the link below:

accounts.it.umich.edu/uniqname/verify/

But I was not able to and sent me an error message. But someone I know was able to get an actual message saying they have an account already. Also note that the Wolverine access account for Uniqname is different than the Friend / Guest account. Anyone can have a friend or guest account, but only UMich admits can have a Uniqname account

According to this page on the UMich website,
its.umich.edu/accounts-access/getting-access/uniqnames-accounts/students

Students on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses set their own uniqnames using a self-serve application via the web. As soon as their uniqname is set, a U-Maccount and computing services are set up for them automatically.

1. Incoming students receive an email invitation to set up a uniqname and account. The email includes a link to [Uniqname & Account Setup]
    accounts.it.umich.edu/uniqname/terms/
  • UM-Ann Arbor students receive the invitation after they confirm their admission and their enrollment deposit is received or waived.

It’s worth a shot. Try it and let me know what happens when you try to make the account. It sent me an error message but someone I know actually got a different screen.

Do they close it for EA or RD or both?

2 Likes

Tbh, if you really have a vested interest in wanting to attend UMich, this is a really good way to tick them off.

I know a similar “hack” prospective Berkeley students had tried and while all of them got away scot-free (as of now), there have been instances where students had their acceptances rescinded.

If it’s coming today, hold your horses and wait the few hours.

2 Likes

Hmm alright. I did not know that. I assumed it was something harmless, and just bc it is pure speculation. Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

From history, they haven’t closed the portal for RD, just EA, but withdraw buttons have disappeared around noon or so for RD applicants

4 Likes

Don’t decisions typically come out the last Friday of March?

1 Like

I just found out that there is no way to delete posts on here. Which I think is really unintelligent in my opinion.

If something happens because of that post (which is unlikely considering the information and page I went to is publicly available and accessible on the UMich website), I’ll update you guys I guess.

I hope everyone here who applied gets in.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Just wanted to wish everyone here good luck today, thinking maize and blue thoughts for all who are here waiting! My son was accepted to LSA during EA, but we are currently on spring break with a big group of his best friends and three of them were deferred to RD, so we are all waiting together, fingers crossed for all!

7 Likes

Yes, for EA they came out at 3:00 !

You can edit your own posts. With any post you want just highlight, type delete, and then hit reply.

1 Like

Only up to 30 mins after unfortunately. It’s fine. The link I sent was a dead end anyways

Do we know for sure it is today? Then i can finally put a closure on this whole process….

1 Like