UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

No. We definitely do not know it’s today.

1 Like

Oh bummer….

1 Like

It like has to be today though or that will be so sad and disapointing.

1 Like

S23 is sure it’s today. I believe the kids heard something through their college counselor (from AO) that it was meant to be either last week or today. So, they’ll hear soon enough. Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

In our case, daughter got accepted at Northeastern and guaranteed acceptance for 2024 at Boston U. Her top choice now is BU but waiting for UMich decision before she decides where to go for her freshman year. We are grateful that she got into these Boston schools where she really wanted to go and to have options. It’s tough watching our kids stress over all of this but I’m sure everything will all work out in the end. Goodluck to all of us!

2 Likes

I wish I shared your optimism. This admission season has been a heck of a lot different than the past 2 we went through with our older kids. I pray my kid gets an accept from Michigan, but at this point, who knows what they are looking for. Nothing has made sense. Deferred EA, only allowed 250 words to convince them it was their 1st choice… it’s been a long road. Here’s hoping it ends on a high note for all of our kids!

11 Likes

Praying to the college Gods today for my D, this is her first choice and she got into some fantastic schools.

2 Likes

Not as optimistic as I sound. :smile: Just trying to send it out to the universe hoping it works.

2 Likes

the withdraw button is gone!! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

A sign!!

does it mean the decision will be out this afternoon :slight_smile: ? what time?

Today is the day? I can’t wait this whole process to be over.

1 Like

3 pm est! they’re coming today!

6 Likes

anyone here has trouble or insight to select UCLA, UCB or UofM? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Michigan!! What kinda of question is that… Lol

5 Likes

you might get more information on these schools’ respective forums.

I would not choose UCB. Extremely overcrowded (housing and classes both). UCLA has a nicer campus feel and I think better hosing but it’s also getting more and more impacted. Michigan is the clear winner unless there’s an aversion to weather or you live in CA. (We are in CA and my kids didn’t apply to any UCs, but if cost is major factor…)

1 Like

is this a hope, a guess, or knowledge?

Need more people to have portal changes soon… That is the clear sign…

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3:here’s hoping!