UNH Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University of New Hampshire offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at UNH is November 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by the end of January. Last year, UNH admitted 10,164 of the 11,201 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 90.74%. For more information visit the University of New Hampshire page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other UNH applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of New Hampshire? Why UNH? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other UNH topics visit the university-of-new-hampshire tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about UNH Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

3 Likes

Parent of a current Freshman - happy to answer any questions. In Engineering, OOS, applied EA last year, honors program, and CEPS innovation scholar, transferred DE credits. Picked UNH over T20 and T50 options. UNH has been a great experience so far with a great dorm/roommates, classes in major first semester, small school feel in departments, Amtrak stop on campus, and lots of support for students from caring professionals in various student life roles.

4 Likes

I keep checking this thread to see if any anxious students or parents have joined in since the EA deadline has now passed. I guess I’ll start! My daughter applied 10/14 and the last of her supporting documents arrived on 10/20. We live in NH. She applied to UNH’s Paul College and it’s her top choice. She loves the program, loves the campus, and loves that the business school has a small college feel yet she’ll have all the amenities of a larger university. The wait is killing her though, especially since her brother has already heard back from Plymouth State and applied to his schools 2 weeks after she applied to hers. She checks the portal every day. She also applied to UMass Amherst, Ithaca College, SNHU (it’s her safety school and within commuting distance) and will likely apply to CUNY Baruch. We talked to her admissions counselor after she applied to get an idea of when we’d hear, and the answer was sort of a vague, “Maybe by the end of November…probably December or January…February at the latest.” So…we’re sitting here impatiently waiting, hopeful that we’ll hear sooner rather than later. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good luck! Last year it posted online in the portal without much fanfare a few days before official emails and mailings came. It was in January after my D21 had heard from other colleges. Hopefully she hears soon!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. We are waiting too! Hoping to hear soon.

2 Likes

Same here! Waiting impatiently. We met with my daughter’s AO at a college fair a few weeks before the EA deadline. He said she should hear before the holidays. Best of luck to your daughter!

2 Likes

Grateful for current UNH parent! My main question is where do you live? How and when did your student get home for Thanksgiving? Thanks so much for any info

1 Like

@suebnj best of luck to yours as well! Mine checked this morning and said, “Nothing yet!” I told her there was no way she would hear at 10:00 AM on the Monday after Thanksgiving. :rofl: As for when students got home for Thanksgiving, one of my kids’ best friends goes to UNH and he must have arrived home sometime Tuesday evening because they took a road trip with him on Wednesday. We live in southern NH.

3 Likes

Well, we live in South Carolina, so we came up to visit her and extended family. Her roommate flew home, and suitemates drove home to closer locations. They were out on Tuesday night, dorms closed on Wednesday morning at 10, and dorms opened on Sunday morning. There are several dorms that stay open and available to students during Thanksgiving and other breaks which is great.

3 Likes

My daughters portal was updated this morning, and she was admitted :slight_smile: She submitted her application mid October, and I knew from my older kids to check the portal frequently, as it updates well before they got any notification. Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

@jmamom congratulations to your daughter! Did she receive any scholarship info yet, or just the admission?

2 Likes

Yes, merit scholarship info is listed on the portal, not not $ amounts so I just looked it up on the website

3 Likes

Daughter accepted to nursing today! Found it in her portal. She is so excited. OOS. Trustees scholarship.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! You must be so proud! I’ve heard nursing is one of their toughest majors to get into.

4 Likes

Yayyy!! So excited for your daughter. Waiting for the same good news here… I’ll remind her to check today.

2 Likes

WONDERFUL! Congrats!!

1 Like

My daughter’s portal updated with an admission this morning. Decisions seem to be trickling out!

4 Likes

Congrats to your daughter.

Does anybody know if UNH reviews applications in the order they were submitted? My daughter’s application was in by Oct. 14th, but the transcript and recommendation were submitted Oct. 27th.

1 Like

When we spoke to our admissions advisor last month, she said that applications are reviewed based on the date they are “complete,” meaning all supporting documentation was received.

2 Likes