University of Alabama! Class of 2024! Who’s applied and who’s been accepted?

Accepted here, too! Now waiting on the updated merit chart.

Admitted here too! When will they update the merit chart?

Hey guys! Made a new thread for C/O 2024 acceptances, but I just found this one. I was admitted! Hoping to visit soon. I am from Massachusetts. Where is everyone applying from?

Congratulations @nerdyaf09 !
Fellow New Englander here - our daughter is from NH

Hello! You are certainly not crazy for applying so early. It’s a great feeling to start senior year with an acceptance in hand. Congrats!

My son was accepted today also:
Student Gender: M
Ethnicity: White
Home State: Oklahoma
Date Applied: Mid July
Date Accepted: August 6th
Have you visited the campus?: Yes
Major: Kinesiology
Applying to the Honors College?: Yes
Career goal(s): Something related to sports medicine
Stats: 4.0 UW, 34 ACT.
Anything else you’d like to mention: Wants to do club swim and possibly marching band or pep band. UA is high on his list.

Thats awesome to hear @projectmgr. I don’t know anyone from around here looking at Bama, so its nice to know i’m not alone!

Admitted! Roll Tide!
ACT: 29
GPA: 3.9

Thanks @ShrimpBurrito! It is definitely a relief. I’ve got a long list but i’m pretty interested in Bama’s honors college (and scholarships, of course!). Glad to know there are some fellow out of state students applying.

70% of UA undergrads are OOS…ironically, about the same OOS % as UNH

Student Gender: F
Home State: New Hampshire
Date Applied: July 16 (application ready for review on 7/21)
Date Accepted: August 6
Have you visited the campus?: Next week!
Major: Buisness/Management
Applying to the Honors College?: No
Career goal(s): Communications/Mass Media
Stats: 3.5 W, 1220 SAT (will take again)
Anything else you’d like to mention: Roll Tide!

Home State: Georgia
Date Applied: July 6
Date Accepted: August 6
Have you visited the campus?: Yes
Major: Pre Physical Therapy
Applying to the Honors College?: no
Career goal(s): Physical Therapist
GPA: 3.9
ACT:29
Roll Tide!

Admitted! Wow, that’s a load off!!

My D was ACCEPTED yesterday!!! It was on the portal, and today the email came in saying she’ll get a packet in the mail soon! SOOOOO excited!!! Congrats to the others who’ve been accepted as well! A VERY different experience from my oldest daughter who applied to musical theater programs in CA, NY, PA and Boston. I LOVE that we have two acceptances in (Bama and Ole Miss!) before she begins her senior year! We are registered for University Days on 9/23! ROLL TIDE!

@nerdyaf09 Congratulations on your acceptance! We are in CA! Visiting University Days 9/23! Can’t wait! Roll Tide!

Congratulations on everyone’s acceptances! My D was also accepted and we are SO excited! Here’s her stats:
Home State: California
Date Applied: July 5
Date Accepted: August 6th (anxiously awaiting that big packet in the mail!)
Have you visited the campus?: Not yet, but going to University Days 9/23!
Major: Elementary Education
Applying to the Honors College?: No
Career goal(s): Elementary school teacher
Any else you’d like to mention: 3.5 W GPA and 1270 SAT, after three attempts, and one more test date in November to see if she can get more OOS merit $.

She’s planning to rush and join a sorority since she has been hearing my stories about lifelong friendship, and has met all of my besties who are my Alpha Gam sisters!

@ckmomof2 Thank you so much! Congratulations to your daughter and you as well. Does anyone know whether they do honors specific tours?

@nerdyaf09
We attended an Honors info session and it was very well done. The Honors College will help you customize your visit. https://honors.ua.edu/schedule-a-visit/

For those who are waiting, Bama published OOS merit scholarship info for 2020: https://scholarships.ua.edu/freshman/out-of-state/

My oos daughter got in too! Just wondering if your notification came through the portal or email?

4.4 weighted
1330 SAT taken only once
Visited campus back in March

@ShrimpBurrito - I was really surprised that they’ve actually added additional award levels for 3.0 to 3.4. Seems as though they’re trying to solve for a gap between 3.5+ students and < 3.0 students in their classes that have enrolled these past few years (just speculation on my part)

Also - at the info session we attended on campus yesterday, they said that the first wave of acceptances will go out around September 5th. We suddenly felt a little secretive knowing our daughter was already accepted through the portal as others here have.