University of Alabama Fall '24 Admissions

Did you look at the merit chart to see if she qualifies for any based on her scores? She may.

If she has a 25 or 1200 SAT, there’s money. It’s auto merit.

Others with great auto merit are MIss State and to be smaller, UAH.

It’s not subjective - you deliver the score, you get the loot.

On a GPA only basis, U of Arizona has a table - and then others don’t give assurances, but there are many fine “merit schools out there”. Without a test, Miami of Ohio is another.

Out-of-State Freshman Scholarships – Afford (ua.edu)

1 Like

Abc

Where was the President’s tailgate that you all attended?

On the lawn of the President’s mansion, which is across the street from the quad.

Curious about the limos/donors since University St. is closed off during game days and the security is really tight.

Believe what you want, but I saw what I saw. I find it interesting that people want to question first hand accounts of matters. I literally have a picture from Dr. Bell sitting on my desk, but whatever.

1 Like

I am not questioning the picture of Dr. Bell. He is a really nice person and the university does a great job of personalizing visits. I am questioning the donors and limos since the President’s tailgate is closed to traffic.

Please take any further limo/president’s tailgate conversation to PM. Thank you.

1 Like

My S23 took his first tour of Alabama in early December last year, and it was the last of his college visits. He loved the campus, the dorms, and the mild weather. Like many others have said, Alabama wasn’t high on his list until he actually went there. He is now a freshman there living in Ridgecrest South. He has a great group of suitemates and he’s playing on a good intramural soccer team. He says he loves the Alabama heat (we’re from PA). He told us the other day he was actually a little bummed that it’s been cooling down a little. He walks from his dorm to the natatorium several mornings each week to work out in the pool – about a 20 minute walk – and he was taking it for granted that he could comfortably do the walk a little after sunrise in just a T-shirt and shorts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update to earlier note -

My son applied Aug 4 and was accepted Sep 8.
Received acceptance package in the mail Sep 19. Also received a separate UA marketing booklet same day, which was a little funny.
Received scholarship letter Sep 20 for Presidential Elite. That confirms they take the HS weighted GPA, which I wasn’t sure about. His unweighted is 3.7.

They move fast!

It’d be nice for him if more schools loved scores. He is not interested in any other NMF scholarship schools so we took them off the list. I asked him why, he said he already got into Alabama. Economy of effort…

4 Likes

Congrats to him and your bank account, if he decides to accept.

1 Like

Thank you for posting. So it took about a month to get the decision. It’s been about 3 weeks since my daughter applied and of course she’s getting nervous that she hasn’t heard anything yet. Maybe this will make her feel a little better. Congratulations to your son!!!

1 Like

Sure thing! Sometimes these rolling ones are a little nerve-wracking because we don’t know how long we have to wait or maybe we didn’t do something right. He applied to UA Huntsville at the same time as UA, and we’ve seen no updates to that application yet. So he emailed and they said they’re still processing.

Wahoo S24 just got his acceptance :raised_hands:t2: He submitted through Common App on 9/17!! We are shocked it came back so quickly! Roll Tide!!

5 Likes

Do you have to change your name from Coastal?

1 Like

Haha!!

DD24 applied 9/19 received acceptance letter today as well. OOS. Very exciting!

2 Likes

Same. My daughter applied aug 1, received all transcripts by Aug 30. Her portal said decision would be sent after Labor Day. After Labor Day it changed to apply by Jan 15 get answer by march. What!?? Admissions won’t tell us anything. I am thinking deferred in the process as well. Not sure how though-UW 3.65, with tons of awards, etc, and rigorous schedule.

What does this mean??? Was he test optional?? Trying to figure out

2 Likes