University of Alabama Fall '24 Admissions

We want to know too!!! Did anyone else see this message ???

My son applied test optional in early September and his application was considered complete (all materials received) by September 13. He’s had the same message on his portal since that date. I don’t know for sure, but I’m thinking it doesn’t mean deferred because that message was on my son’s portal the day his application was complete.

1 Like

My son applied test optional. Application submitted 8/30, and transcripts were received 9/7. Says under review since then.

3 Likes

My daughter applied test optional as well and same message. It’s been just over 3 weeks. Hoping to hear something soon.

3 Likes

For those who have been admitted or anyone with an older student at Bama, any info on when we find out any merit/monies awarded? S24 just got the email yesterday that he was admitted.

If you have been through the housing deposit stuff any advice? He loves Bama but has some other schools he loves and won’t hear from them until mid-late November. We will likely put down a housing deposit for Bama to be on the safe side, but wondering if anyone has gone through this before?

2 Likes

Don’t remember when you get the money notice but it will line up with the merit table since it’s auto merit and not competitive.

Both my kids then filled out the scholarship app - one got nothing but was higher in the auto merit table. The second got $4K offered additional.

Out-of-State Freshman Scholarships – Afford (ua.edu)

2 Likes

Thank you for the response !!! Please keep us all posted and I will do the same !!!

3 Likes

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question. My daughter applied 09/08/2023 and received her acceptance on 09/14. So less than a week. Its odd that yall have reached out to the school and they dont know what the message means either. Maybe they are still reviewing. We did Test optional 4.0 uw and 4.2 w. We applied common app. Not sure if any of that helps you or not! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your reply! The school told
Us to apply thru their website to make it faster !! Definately seems like common app is moving quicker. Thanks for the response.

My son was admitted on 9/8, and his merit award arrived earlier this week. We know that this offer will be updated, but his initial offer has arrived.

My advice is to pay the housing deposit as soon as housing opens. With my DD, we paid the deposit as soon as housing opened, and we had no idea where she would end up. We figured that there was a high enough chance that she would end up at UA that we did not want to risk it. For us, we just chalked it up as a cost of applying to college. For my son, we are paying the deposit as soon as the application opens. I have the date and time on my calendar.

Last year our S23 (who is at Bama now) got his acceptance in late October and the scholarship letter came about ten days later, near the end of the first week of November.

1 Like

When did he apply ? Do you know what the wait time was??

It seems for UA that “test optional” applicants do not get decisions very quickly. I am not sure how the admission department looks at those applicants; they probably spend more time analyzing the the high school, grades, and rigor.
Our son applied in August w/test scores and received a decision first part of September. The scholarship award letter came later in the fall. As soon as he was accepted he signed up for housing.

1 Like

Our D24 applied this year test optional using the Common App on 9/19. She received her acceptance 9/21.

2 Likes

Omg that is so fast. That makes me worried. Do you mind telling me the gpa and if test optional?

Don’t be worried. Who knows the rhyme or reason. 3.9 UW and yes, test optional. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks and congrats!!! Crossing fingers !!!

3 Likes

What does an acceptance, denial or pending look like in the portal? My DS applied a week ago through Alabama’s App. His transcript, SAT, application fee and application are all marked as received. A day after the application was submitted, there was a message that his application is pending review. Then a couple of days later, that message was gone with no other updates. Did anyone else get that? Yesterday, a note showed up that housing opens on Oct 2nd. Does that show up even if the application is pending?

For “pending review,” this is what my son’s status looks like.

1 Like

So if you scroll down under the required materials section there is now a section that says: Congratulations, you have been admitted!
And then there is all the info with her college email and student id for the school ect.

2 Likes