University of Alabama Fall '24 Admissions

We went ahead and paid the enrollment today. I’d like to see her there but who knows.

3 Likes

That’s so helpful to know! I hate the process of stalking the portals so I think we’ll just check on Monday and Wednesday nights and otherwise wait for the email (but always afraid it will go to spam and not be seen).

2 Likes

Now I am stuck in the housing portal queue.

Edit: Aaaaaaannnd now it’s done.

2 Likes

Anyone new hear back?? My D24 app has been in since Aug 1. Called today-they said crazy amount of apps and trying to get thru them. Mon and wed handful acceptances going out. She is still under review and should be reviewed soon.

Still haven’t heard anything! Thanks for the update! My sons app was submitted 8/31. Sounds like we might have to wait quite a bit more. Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like

We still haven’t heard either. Really hoping to hear something soon.

3 Likes

Still waiting here too! My son’s app was later though, it wasn’t “complete” until September 13. We called today because we’d love to visit over his fall break in late October but I don’t want to book flights if it isn’t an option for him. Alabama is high on his list and I don’t want to get his hopes up, just to have his heart broken. (This is not my first rodeo with the awful process that is college admissions - but my first experience with a kid applying to Alabama.) They said we should hear “in a couple weeks.” I hope so. I know they’re busy and don’t fault that.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for responding and keeping this open! It is comforting knowing that others are still waiting -especially submitting in august. I brought my daughter down from CT and she fell in love ! I def thought it was one of the most beautiful colleges I have ever seen. Def wait to bring your sons/daughters if u haven’t yet cause they will fall in love too!!

2 Likes

My daughter fell in love as well. Bama is her #1 right now so the waiting has been tough. Crossing my fingers that we all hear great news soon!

3 Likes

Same wishing the best for you! Keep me posted !!!

1 Like

Still waiting on BAMA lol. Sooo, a girl my daughter goes to school with applied last week with her ACT score and got accepted yesterday. My daughter still waiting since Aug 1. Others have received acceptances TO. I just sent email to adviser -is BAMA no longer rolling ??? Review as they receive.

This must be causing so much stress for you all, I am sorry. What has her admissions recruiter said? Just to sit tight and wait?

1 Like

My daughter applied the 24th, got everything in by Tuesday and she was accepted a couple days later. She applied TO, is OOS, and has a pretty good GPA (in my opinion, but reading these boards makes me feel like maybe not lol). Maybe it has to do with your specific admissions person or major? I was surprised how fast we heard. Good luck to all and hope you hear soon! We are waiting on our in state school and it’ll probably be Jan - Mar before we hear anything, which is brutal.

1 Like

Let us know what you hear back.
So stressful! It’s been over a month since she applied.

2 Likes

Yes, please let us know what you hear back. Thought we would hear from Bama pretty quick. My son applied to 3 other rolling schools and was accepted pretty quick. Of course Bama is his number one, and we’ve been waiting what seems like forever!

1 Like

My twins TO, OOS applied beginning of Aug. and still waiting. My DD, a sophomore now heard back in a little over a week a couple years ago. This is brutal.

1 Like

Alabama definitely seems to have a different approach this year. Just looking through the College Confidential thread from last year, there were tons of kids admitted by this point last year, with a bunch of kids getting decisions September 14. This year it seems like only a handful. I don’t understand why the school isn’t transparent about its process. Whatever they choose is fine, but it would help families to know what they’re dealing with and for the kids to feel less stressed.

3 Likes

Well, last year my kid applied Aug. 1 and was accepted mid-September. I think the number of applicants was a record last year; I see no reason to think it’s going down. They were probably swamped before school even began, and I guess the TO kids take more time to assess?
It’ll be fine! Keep the faith!

4 Likes

Thank u for letting me know this ! Trying to figure out a rhyme or reason !! My D24 is a business major. Emailed her advisor for the 5th time today and finally she seemed to see there is an issue!! She said she’s on it and checking in! Finally!!! I’ll keep u all posted. As my daughter was early college, she has a MyBAMA acct, it says she is a freshman, and it lets her pay for housing !!! Lol. Incredibly frustrating if it’s a rolling college, but only ROLLS some in. And lets others sit. At least send a deferral!

2 Likes

Thank u for the sympathy, it helps!! Lol -response from her advisor was below after emailing her a ton.