University of Alabama types of applications

Hi I have Alabama on the top of my list and am just excited to committee, What kind of Application does Alabama offer.
-Early Decision?
-Early action?
-Rolling?
-Regular application?

And when does Alabama give you a decision?
-If rolling when do they begin?
-What are the dates they begin for all the other types?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

https://www.â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– /colleges/The-University-of-Alabama/deadlines

Alabama typically begins accepting applications on or around July 1st. Usually, the admissions staff doesn’t start processing those July apps until Aug. Once they begin processing, acceptance letters immediately start going out. Scholarship letters usually start going out within a day or two of acceptance.

What else would you like to know?

To receive a scholarship, you must apply and have scores and transcripts sent by Dec 15th. You should submit the scholarship app by then as well.

There is only one type of application.

You can ask more questions on the popular Bama forum here on CC…
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/

If you apply in July, you’ll likely know by mid August. You could be One and Done!

@mom2collegekids Didn’t they start notifying in Sept this past year? Do you think they will delay again or go back to August?

I will have to go back and look, but I thought that admissions started notifying in August, and scholarships in Sept. But I could be wrong.

edited to add…

You’re right. In 2014, acceptances first started around Sept 2nd. I don’t remember it being that late before, but now that I think about it, I think Admissions was busy working on current transfer students til the last minute…and then they transitioned into the following year’s incoming frosh.

How much does Bama consider letters of recommandation and your essay and how many letters is it ideal to submit?

The application is nothing but personal info. I think it was 2 pages. They only consider your gpa (from your transcript) and test scores. No recommendations or essays. The Honors College application has a very short essay but I didn’t get the impression it mattered if you had the grades/scores.

There are no LORs or essays for admission. Admission is by stats and high school curriculum.

There is a small essay for the honors college app, but it’s minor.

If you apply to CBH or UFE, then essays will be very important.

Something ive been alittle concerned about lately… Will you feel out of place if you’re oos? Will being oos affect your social life and will your chances of getting into greek life be the same if you’re oos?

alpalp – No worries… More than half the student body is from OOS! Over 60% of last year’s freshman class was from OOS. You won’t feel out of place! From what I have heard, nearly all of the Greek organizations accept OOS students.

-Is it harder to get into Bama’s business school or is it the same as applying undecided and to other majors?
-Am I allowed to apply undecided and then join the business school?

I am planning to apply for the Bama Business school (culverhouse college of commerce). Should I put on my application that I would like to major in Business or apply undecided… I have a 2.95 gpa and a 1660 on my SAT’s, 1120 with a 1600 scale (640 math; 480 Reading). I took a business class freshman year of high school but I did not do so well (C+)(I had a lot of trouble with my teacher but obviously the admissions office won’t know that :-/ ). I’m not sure if they look at my math scores but I got a “C” in Algebra 1, “B” in Geometry, and a “C+” in algebra 2. I will be taking another business course my senior year which they will see on my transcript (if they care). I am from NJ and will take a tour over the summer which will show a lot of interest.

-So to sum things up, should I apply directly to the business school or apply undecied?

Also after telling my gpa and SAT’s in my last post, I might as well as what are my chances in getting admitted to Bama in the first place? I have 4 seasons of track (1 varsity), 4 seasons of cross country (2 varsity as well as captain senior year) and 4 musicals at high school. Ive also been in the a capella group for 3 years. My grades have been getting progressivly better junior year being my highest gpa. Thank you!

It doesn’t matter whether you apply undecided or pre-business.

You increase your chances for admissions if you apply soon after the app opens on July 1.

I will start filling out my app once it opens but sadly I cant fully send in my app until school starts in early September which is when theyll send in my gpa, how much will that affect me?

Select any form of business major to be assigned to the College of Commerce and Business Administration. You will be assigned to the College of Arts and Sciences if you select undecided. Note that you can change your major at a later date. The first two years worth of course requirements are almost exactly the same for all business majors.

@alpalp That is fine. Sept is fine. However, are you sure that your school won’t send transcripts over the summer? Are the offices closed until Sept? That would be odd.

Yea sadly its always been a stupid rule of theirs

@alpalp have you taken the ACT? Sometimes students score better on that than SAT. UA accepts Sept/Oct/Dec test dates.

When does the Fall 2016 application become available for Bama?

In a few days! Maybe tomorrow!