University of Alabama University Fellows Experience 2017

Has anyone received an email regarding their status for the University of Alabama University Fellows Experience yet? I noticed, in the past, many semi-finalists received emails around the third week of January.

@ylee33 Unfortunately, it looks like you have about 2 1/2 more weeks to wait until you’ll hear something. I snipped the below from the UFE application site.

"All applicants will be notified of their status by Monday, February 6, 2017. Approximately 100 semifinalists will receive phone interviews, after which approximately sixty finalists will be invited to the UFE Finalist Interview Weekend February 24-25, 2017.

If you have questions, please contact Stephanie Brewer at fellows@ua.edu or 205.348.5558."

My daughter is also anxious to hear something, but will have to wait a bit longer.

It is hard to wait!!

@ylee33 @123field Have you heard? I got an email Friday for a phone interview.

@luckyshamrock Yes, my daughter received an email on Friday indicating her semi finalist standing. She is thrilled and a bit nervous for the phone interview.

@123field that’s wonderful! Yes, I am nervous, especially because the letter said 160 would be interviewed and only 60 would be invited for a campus interview.

@luckyshamrock The phone interview really culls the candidate field. I hope both you and my daughter make it, but do remember if you don’t – you already were accomplished enough to make to 160 from many hundreds of applicants! So congratulations!