University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

UF Honors allows for 10 credits a semester, which makes a difference when so many key classes are 4 credits.

I don’t remember the percentage, but I was shocked by how many Honors applications are rejected outright because they didn’t answer the essay questions as directed.

1 Like

Go where the best fit is. UF, PITT, FSU
She will do fine at any
However Shands UF is top notch
UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL is nationally ranked in 6 adult specialties and 8 pediatric specialties and rated high performing in 5 adult specialties and 12 procedures and conditions. It is a general medical and surgical facility. It is a teaching hospital. The evaluation of UF Health Shands Hospital also includes data from UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital and UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital. UF Health Rehab Hospital provides rehabilitation care for this hospital’s patients

PITT
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside in Pittsburgh, PA is nationally ranked in 10 adult specialties specialties and rated high performing in 2 adult specialties and 14 procedures and conditions. It is a general medical and surgical facility. It is a teaching hospital. The evaluation of UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside also includes data from UPMC Montefiore, UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, UPMC Shadyside, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic and Eye and Ear Hospital of Pittsburgh. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, founded in 1893, is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

1 Like

Thank you, I agree the honors won’t change her mind.
UPitt has years of top NIH funding and their med school is ranked 13th. UF is rising but historically UPitt is involved in so much more in medical research. My husband did his residency in Pittsburgh and we both worked in the medical field there. I hate the idea of paying so I am Obsessively looking for proof that my gut and our experience is wrong. UPitt also has a internationally recognized neuroscience department and that is her major. Our opinions are based on years of experience reading medical studies and having an ear out for medical research and science but we are certainly not experts so I am definitely looking for these opposing opinions. Appreciate it!

1 Like

Yes, I did some clinical rotations at several of their hospitals in college and my husband has done temp work for several as well. UPMC Presby is literally on the campus too, so that helps. UPitt has sort of a reputation of not playing into the rankings, I have no idea why. Without our personal experience with them I’m not sure what I would think. I really hope she lands where she is happy. Being pre med and having full COA offers definitely adds another lawyer to the decision.

Another consideration for UF
They are in the process of buying Scripps Research Institute Florida Campus

Accepted for PaCE

OOS
3.78uw/3.98w (will edit later with my uf recalculated gpa)
1370 sat
4 ap/de courses
I think my main essay was fairly weak but I poured my heart into my supplemental
NHS, SNHS
Club sport, volunteering with an animal shelter, and employment were my main extracurriculars

Interesting, thanks!

My DD is planning on pre-med track. I am wondering why is the ranking of the hospital important for UG? Thank you.

Admitted Freshman Profile

Mid 50 GPA 4.4 - 4.6
Mid 50 SAT 1340 - 1490
Mid 50 ACT 29 - 33

5 Likes

Thank you-- do we yet know the total # of accepted students for Summer/Fall, PaCE, and IA-- and total number of apps? Thanks again!

No - most schools have moved back to in person now that the pandemic is (mostly) over. UF business classes were online before covid and will continue to be post covid. My son hates online classes as well. Just cant focus as well.

5 Likes

Are the upper level business classes online? My daughter hated online learning. Not sure UF will be best place for her it its online learning.

1 Like

Thank you!
Wow, this is interesting

Admitted Freshman Profile

UF admissions
Mid 50 GPA 4.4 - 4.6
Mid 50 SAT 1340 - 1490
Mid 50 ACT 29 - 33

FSU admissions
Mid 50 GPA 4.3-4.6
Mid 50 SAT 1300-1430
Mid 50 ACT 29-32
Really getting competitive here in Florida!

5 Likes

Having a good med school and affiliated hospital adds to the overall enrichment of the medical teaching environment at a university, it can all trickle down. It is generally accepted that Pre med students need to be involved in medical volunteering and research, proving in a way that they have explored the field and know what they are getting themselves into as well as adding strength to their application. A university with a good hospital affiliate close by makes these opportunities easier. The more teaching and research done in a hospital the friendlier it is to all students, in general.
An example, Harvard is the best med school in the country and Harvard undergrad boasts one of the highest matriculation rates, 93% of its pre med students get into med school. The national average of all med school applicants is around 42% and UF site says they matriculate 45%. In general the stronger the surrounding med community (med school and hospital affiliation) the stronger undergraduate experience. In general, it’s a holistic process as well

1 Like

Thank you. I am just wondering what are the chances for those thousands UG pre-med in big school to be involved in smth in affiliated hospital. Harvard has 10 times smaller incoming class.

not sure but the number of online core business classes is a reason my son won’t attend UF. we didn’t know this when he applied. he really dislikes online learning.

1 Like

I think those opportunities aren’t as hard to come by as good mentoring, advising and research. I have the same concerns about the size and opportunities. My daughter didn’t get into honors and even though they don’t offer as much at UF for honors it’s at least some way of being in a smaller group and getting some extra attention.

1 Like

@Melissa96
I was admitted into the class of 2026 and I’m trying to pay the $25 dollar housing application, but the link to apply doesn’t work. Will I only be able to apply once the housing e-mail is sent out? Thank you!! :crocodile:

1 Like

Online only? Seems odd.

1 Like

are most classes online at the university?