University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Does UF use deferral or will this likely be an admit/deny scenario? I have to admit, at this point I appreciate the honesty of a denial. Dragging out a decision until the end of March is just agony. I’d like to be able to just move on and evaluate other options!

2 Likes

UF does not defer - students are admitted to campus, pace, ia, or a partnership program or denied. The HS/AA students who are denied as freshman have the ability to opt-in to a transfer review.

You can go to Santa Fe and get all the perks of being at UF. A ton a freshman now live in apartments, because of Pace. You can also take online classes as a non-matriculated student.

I know a lot of kids who don’t get in, but live in Gainesville until they get their AA because so many students take online classes anyway.

Now that Covid has changed they way we do everything, I have a friend whose son is actually a student at USF, takes all his classes online, lives in Gainesville and drives to Tampa when he needs to meet with an advisor and for other in person meetings.

Sounds like that student is more of a UF fan than USF. Do they hope to transfer to UF at some point? Are many regular classes at UF online, even this semester? It’s a good way to save costs.

No, not transferring, but with Covid it didn’t matter where you lived.

Yes UF always has had online classes, even before Covid. They have an entire 2 year program Pace that is online. What is a good way to save costs, online? It actually isn’t because the online fee isn’t included in the Bright Futures. So be careful.

Cost effective for universities due to less physical infrastructure needed. Good callout on the Pace fees.

Will UF accept more students into pace this year with an increase in the number of applicants?

How can I update UF that I have advanced to NMF status?

You can’t send updates.

3 Likes

I am wondering the same thing

Since the majority of NMSF become NMF, they probably assume or check in with NMSC. Just a guess though.

1 Like

Not sure. In previous threads I saw many kids list their stats including NMF so I assumed they somehow updated UF re: NMF status

1 Like

You do not update admissions now.

I called them, they said they do not consider national merit status for admissions or AP test scores. They told me they don’t even see the scores and national merit semifinalist is as much as you can list on your apps because there are no updates after submission. They have some of the quirkiest admissions policies I’ve seen so far. We really don’t know what to expect on Friday!

2 Likes

3 Days Until Decision Day!!

https://twitter.com/UFAdmissions/status/1496116904574046209?s=20&t=y_Qa3WqHqkqfJwLkxNP66g

4 Likes

When you click on housing information, does it say welcome to gator nation?

1 Like

yes

I think honestly, their admissions is the most level-headed of any college out there. They don’t take recommendations, they don’t take AP scores, and they do not take updates.

Despite the limited picture this brings, I think this gives them immense level of fairness, despite maintaining that truly “black box” essence of admissions.

4 Likes

where is this?
(editing to say i found it, wondering if this is the same for everyone)