University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Who was offended by the above comment? Why?

If someone makes fantastical claims, why not shine a light on it?

5 Likes

As a former recruiter at Ross BBA from Wall Street, the deal is that if I interview 10-12 kids in a day how many are going to be great? Typically only a couple were unpolished and a handful were great. More aggressive students than UVA.

If 85% of your students are in state and few want to leave the region, you’ll quit recruiting. UF seems to do very well throughout Florida, ATL and the Carolinas. Have to be more aggressive about networking to get NYC or San Fran jobs.

2 Likes

A co-worker’s sister (ironically also from Brentwood, TN) turned down Yale, MIT, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, and UF to attend Alabama on their most elite scholarship. Not only is it a full ride, she’s getting paid to go there. She didn’t want her parents to pay for college. It happens all the time.

1 Like

My son isn’t that good - but he turned down Purdue and $10K merit for Alabama. His tuition is $3K.

That’s not unusual - why they have 900+ NMFs there.

He saw the Eagles tonight in Atlanta - dad’s gift for saving me a ton of $$ (although truthfully I wanted him to go to Purdue). The dorms (Ridgecrest) at Alabama are new and single room - which entices a ton of kids.

I’m sure similar claims could be made about other publics that offer fantastic merit…from
ole Miss to Miami Ohio to Kansas and more.

A full ride at Alabama and their great honors dorms almost swayed my kid last year, but ultimately he chose UF’s great reputation. Now that he’s in his second semester, he is so glad he chose UF and so are we.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the chances are to get into CS/CE/CSE in Engineering College? Son got into College Of Engineering. It is not quite clear on if we meet the GPS requirements for CS/CE/CSE the major is guaranteed or not.

As a freshman or as a transfer student? If a freshman, UF let’s you choose any major you want, so you can just choose CS in the College of Engineering.

1 Like

Thank you. He will be a freshman.

Are merit scholarships coming out today/this week?

March 11th.

I think she said it would be by the 11th, so that would be the latest. We are OOS and need this for my daughter to attend so we are patiently waiting and hoping :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!!

Same.
My daughter has an fantastic offer at UMiami so anxiously waiting to see if UF will come through.
Fingers crossed!

Same. I’m broke, an International student (who has paid American taxes for the last 14 years) but has no FAFSA because of immigration status.

I really need a scholarship, :slight_smile:

UF housing contract just came in with a deadline of April 8. Is there any benefit to getting it in sooner or is the “place in line” already set?

3 Likes

Hi Melissa. Is the March 11 date still valid? I heard today things are delayed a bit.

Update: Florida Days events are still available. Hurry up before they fill up. Scroll down to the bottom to see calendar.

https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/FLD

Moreover, another full day event, Gator Fair, is scheduled for Saturday, April 9th. Registration will open on March 16th.

https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/GF

They are not full, yet. Just signed up after seeing your post.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads-up! I’ll update my post!