University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

No, I’ve been told we are still on for the 11th - I have no idea what time since it is our good friends in financial aid who will be releasing the packages.

3 Likes

Does this apply for merit scholarships as well or only for FA? Thanks

It is for both.

4 Likes

Would you suggest signing up for an Admitted Student Day, Florida Day, or Gator Fair (if we can only do one) for an undecided student. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Do Florida Days if possible (Orange Group), so you’ll get the walking tour plus all the info sessions. Scroll down for the calendar; dates are filling up quickly.

https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/portal/FLD

1 Like

Will scholarship info be emailed and if so to which email? Thank you!

Thanks! It was the financial aid office who told me things appear to be behind and they were not sure they’d make the 11th. Person I spoke with probably just wasn’t up to date.

I have the same question. I set up my Florida email but can’t log in for some reason.

Assuming that FA/Merit comes out on Friday. Does anyone know if there will be a communication only to those who got aide? Or will there be a communication to everyone telling them to check their portal to see cost of attendance? Thanks,

I know they are testing now - to make sure what they coded will show up correctly. They might have been hedging their best just in case the testing goes pear shaped but the 11th is the expected date still.

The merit scholarships (and boy am I happy I wasn’t on that committee this year, they had a super tough job since everyone admitted was so strong) will show both on the application status and ONE.UF. The financial aid package with the merit scholarships, grandparent waiver, the first round of Benacquisto, and all other types of financial aid will show on ONE.UF and for new freshman a letter is sent in the mail with a bit of additional information to make sure the costs and aid are understandable.

5 Likes

I wonder the same thing. Not sure, if it means that they get more of their choices?

Does Benacquisto also include acceptance into Honors College?

I have a question regarding online classes at University of FL. I have heard a lot of classes are online and not in person (not the PACE program). Do the students have the option to go in person to all class or are some classes only offered online ?

No, Benacquisto doesn’t mean automatic admission to honors.

If you are talking about UF in general, there are some online classes but I would not say a lot of them are that way. There are some programs, like business, who have their prerequisites online since so many students need to take those classes for a variety of majors. Heck going back to the early 90s their classes were played on the TV. If your student wants to look at the classes they are interested in taking, the schedule of courses is available here Schedule of Courses - ONE.UF

1 Like

Tried to book the Orange group but was put on waiting list. We will do the Blue group. Any ideas what hotel we should book? Coming from NYC.
Thanks.

I’ve stayed at both thrvAC (across one side of campus, $28 to park) and Aloft …free parking…other side of campus but walking distance. Free parking. AC nicer but both solid.

Good luck.

1 Like

Adding to what tsbna44 said, there is a Hilton on the west side of campus.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/gvncchf-hilton-university-of-florida-conference-center-gainesville/

And several others from the Hilton chain within 13 minutes driving distance or less.

There is also a brand new independent hotel next to campus.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendations!!

1 Like

This was asked earlier but may have gotten lost, lol!

UF housing contract just came in with a deadline of April 8. Does it matter how quickly we get it in? Meaning is there any benefit like more Like to get your choices vs those who wait closer to the April 8th deadline?

Thank you!