University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

They said all merit has not been released and if it wasn’t in ONE.UF by Monday or Tuesday I could call back to see if they see can see anything. Guessing if not there now it wont be Monday/Tuesday either.

1 Like

They would have to answer that. I can only tell you what is says.

I still have hope then…But skating on thin ice for hopes of scholarships. Praying, praying, praying:)

Smaller print under “What’s included in my cost of attendance.” It includes full-time tuition and fees, plus estimates for what it might cost you to pay for housing, food, transportation, textbooks, technology and supplies, and personal expenses. This Cost of Attendance estimate is meant to help you plan for the year. You will only need to pay UF for your tuition and fees, as well as any campus services you purchase (such as dining or on-campus housing).

1 Like

The sfa.ufl.edu cost website says that for OOS students, it would be 6380+22278 =29000 per year in tuition. Then, add 6350 to that for housing. We are at 35K for fall and spring combined already.

However, does one really think it’s going to be another 25K a year in additional expenses to survive as a student?

Ours mentions grandparent waiver too (offered and accepted) Based on Melissa’s response do you think there is any possibility we are thinking we received but it just means we applied? Anyone apply for grandparent waiver and NOT see it listed as awarded under gift. We celebrated but now are slightly worried. Caustically thrilled!

1 Like

There is a * at the bottom of the chart which only shows in-state fees. It says:

• Tuition/fee figures are projected estimates for 2022-23 for incoming freshmen entering UF for the first time. Tuition/fees for continuing students may be lower. Out-of-state undergraduates should add $22,278 to projected tuition/fees.

I don’t think so once its posted. That would look REALLY bad on the part of UF after sending the email to check for FinAid update today!! I’d take a screen shot just to be safe LOL

OOS estimate for tuition room and board is $44k (for usual Fall & Spring semesters)…They get to $60k by including the one time mandatory Summer semester (Summer 2023) $16k

I hope you are right (and think you are.)We are so excited!

1 Like

Applied but not mentioned. Would you mind sharing what date you submitted the paperwork?

Could someone please explain the one time mandatory summer semester (Summer 2023) $16k? Thank you!

Do you know why they listed summer expense also? My daughter got merit in every school except uf. Uf has been her dream. Oh im so sad for her. Good luck to you mama and your daughter

1 Like

Thats what ours says too

1 Like

Yes, that is the total cost including the one summer session which I just recently learned that they require. Personally when I look at the breakdown and see the numbers they cite for clothes food, etc… (this goes for all the schools), I think the numbers are grossly under. If you enter the real costs of air travel for OOS plus all the things to set up a dorm room, new clothes, the kids ordering food not on a meal plan, going out etc…it will be so much higher.

1 Like

So every student has to take classes one summer? On campus or remote? We didn’t realize this! We thought it was only certain majors.

Sept 28

Apparently one summer required. Doesnt have to be this year. My daughter same as yours, merit everywhere but UF and that is the only school she wanted. Thank you for the well wishes and same to you and your daughter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

11/9/2021