University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Wish I knew about it before last week!

It’s part of the state statutes that 9 hours have to be done in the FL SUS in the summer (or 6 hours of study abroad in the summer) to graduate. It doesn’t have to be all in one summer but they package just in case the student will be taking summer classes.

Can we do online classes in the summer and save money? As an international student, money is tight, to be honest when working it out.

For clarification, does summer requirement apply to out of state students as well?

yes, it is a requirement for all graduates of Florida public universities. It is possible to take the classes online if they are available option.

2 Likes

So I’m curious, how much is the summer tuition? Like per credit hour for an out-of-state student? Online vs. In-person would be nice to know too.

1 Like

the amount of tuition is independent of the semester. I like the Bursar’s website best for calculating how much it would be. 2022-23 Academic Year Tuition and Fees – Finance & Accounting

1 Like

You can get exempted from the mandatory summer semester if your student has summer work especially internships. I know this first hand as my daughter recently graduated from UF and had summer internships every summer including after her freshman year.

2 Likes

¨Financial aid: you currently have no aid year information to display"
Does anyone know what this means
out of state, does this mean I did not get anything?

I have the same thing right now. I sure hope things change, but don’t get your hopes up.

I was really counting on the aid too, 43K a year is a lot of money.

My son is has the same thing, too. We are also OOS.

@Sneha_Adayapalam @Alfamom1 @Coffeeistoogood if you have a submitted fafsa or meet the criteria on the international students financial aid page, I would think you would have something there. Maybe a glitch?

Do you know what date you applied for it?
Nothing mentioned about it on the aid they sent - it was all loans.

Hi Melissa.
Do you know how this will work timeline-wise? Such as regarding deadlines and signing up for things? Without the waiver DS cannot attend. So in our example is there a chance they come to us after May 1 with an offer of grandparent waiver? I hope it doesn’t take that long to pass on to the next person (eventually us - maybe).
Also, how many people applied for the waiver?
Thanks

Since this is the first year I do not have anticipated dates for when things happen. I know currently only 2 schools have more requests for waivers than actual admits so there should be at least some more more awarded but we do not know when since we have no control of that part of the process.

It is interesting that not one OOS mention of receiving merit other than grandparent.

1 Like

I’ve seen about 6 or 7 people say they got grandparent waivers across the various groups I am in, and only 1 say they got OOS merit which they said was a sunshine scholarship. I agree it is unusual given there’s more OOS scholarships available than grandparent waivers, but assuming the 1 person is right about the sunshine scholarship, they’re all out.

My son received the sunshine scholarship.

5 Likes

Congrats to your son! :tada: Go Gators!

@LFGM - Congratulations to your son!!! Was the notification come through email or in the portal?