University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

We were really hoping for merit and thought the Grandparent Scholarship was our best chance. Applied as soon as we heard back in November but obviously not early enough. With merit from other schools, will unfortunately have to adjust our expectations.

UF is notoriously tough to get merit - and obviously the GP waiver is an added boost. I don’t know if they adjusted their already small merit budget.

FSU is the school to apply to for merit in Florida
for others watching.

The good thing about UF - and everyone’s affordability is different - but even at full pay, it’s much lower cost than many other comparably rated publics.

3 Likes

Where to check to see if S22 receives any merit or aid ??

Login to one.uf and look under financial aid 2022-2023

Thanks. we are OOS and I see
“You currently have no available aid year information to display”

Maybe call their office

@Melissa96 - Question if my son had received any scholarship would it already be there as it’s the 11th or do we need to wait until the end of the day to get a final answer on the scholarship?

Thank you. It was in the one.uf portal. No email.

1 Like

My son has received $8k per year scholarship for OOS. At FSU he got full OOS waiver so paying extra $14.3k per year at UF doesn’t make sense at this point.

4 Likes

That’s a personal choice of course - I’d just say this - $8K is AWESOME. That he got merit is AWESOME (for UF). So congrats to him.

1 Like

All of the scholarships have been released so it would be there if he was awarded one .

1 Like

As a gator alum, I have to give big kudos to you @Melissa96 for answering all these questions so frequently and timely.

Makes me proud to be a Gator. :crocodile::heart:

9 Likes

I know it’s new but do you know if you get waitlisted for a Grandparent waiver, do you remain on the waitlist even after Freshman year or are next year’s allotted waivers reserved for newly admitted students? It may make a difference if theres a chance we only have to pay for one year vs 4 years for OOS tuition.

It is our understanding that the state will only allocate 350 waivers for the entire state per academic cycle and that once those have been awarded the next year’s allotment will be meant for students admitted as freshman in that cycle and cannot be awarded to currently enrolled students.

Thank you for the prompt response

Only loans here even though we have a pretty low EFC. We actually got a nice grant from UVA so I was surprised that there was nothing but loans from UF.

OOS. COA is over $60k. Not doable.

1 Like

:unamused: sorry.
i will say, very few public schools out of state offer need based grants for oos kids. It’s rare. They usually use that money for kids from their state.

I understand. We were happy to get the grant from UVA. My other daughter got a pretty decent grant from UMich too so I’m not complaining!

1 Like

Hi, my son said he did not receive any notification. We are oos. Is that even possible? Does that mean he doesn’t have a scholarship or financial aid offered?

1 Like

Okay, if nothing is listed on his financial aid page - did he complete the FAFSA? And if so did this SSN from the FAFSA and his application match?