University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Only UVA and UNC (I believe) meet need for OOS students (i.e. give grants) and Michigan meets need for residents. W&M for example - also only in state students.

No other public colleges meet need (but UNC/UVA).

deleted

1 Like

Melissa, quick question. It looks like my daughter was awarded a Gator Nation Scholarship (admittedly a little tricky to understand based on her portal and she never got an email notifying her of anything). Assuming I am reading her portal correctly, do you know if this scholarship is good for all 4 years or will she have to re-apply for the scholarship every year? Thank you.

Congrats! You don’t have to apply every year but do need to meet the minimum conditions for auto renewal. Since that is a merit scholarship there should be more information about it on her admissions status page.

Thank you. Definitely excited and feeling blessed. This certainly moves UF up her list of possibilities!

1 Like

Are you in state? Can you share stats?

I see $5k Presidents scholarship but no email and no detail

The gator nation scholarships are for OOS.

My D22 is in state with 1530; 4.6ish?; #7 In class with w/ very strong ECs and essays.
Received 8k presidential gold

1 Like

Stats- S22, in state 1570; 4.7 gpa, #2 in class, in state, $5k pres, Honors and $2k Research

We are OOS. My pride frequently comes across as bragging (and that is not my intention) so I’ll keep it simple. Like so many kids on these sites, she is a well rounded, dedicated, talented and passionate student. A bunch of APs, top SAT’s, NMF, varsity sports, leadership positions, volunteer experience etc. Yes, I am a ridiculously proud and lucky dad.

4 Likes

Yes, FAFSA was completed back in December; no issues there. I’ll have him double-check. Maybe he missed something?

We are OOS, NMF student, didn’t receive any merit. Can we expect out of state tuition waiver for NMF or this is the final amount.

$500

How easy is it to change majors, like from one engineering to another engineering?

Are there any safety concerns at UFlorida?

I get that, what about out of state tuition waiver for NMF? Our EFC is very low why we didn’t receive any financial aid ? Only loans were given. Thx

UF does not meet full need, hence the loans.

UF does not have an oos tuition waiver for NMF.

Only unc ahd uva meet need at public schools ( for OOS)

1 Like

Our daughter graduated from UF in Civil Engineering but started out in MechE and switched midway thru her Sophomore year. UF is very open to first year admitted students when it comes to changing majors, but not so with transfer students. Of course, they would like the students to be making forward progress in the journey. At one time, BME was the only major where one had to apply to proceed forward, but you should verify it.

1 Like