University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

Hearing people mention waitlist status for GP waiver. Where would you see that? Wouldn’t everyone who applied technically be on the waitlist if they haven’t gotten it yet?

Some student waivers were denied. There was an email that was sent on Friday. Also on the bottom of the status page it should show the updated status.

I’m sorry…which status page? Thx!

The application status page

1 Like

DD doesn’t see an update…and no email.

:unamused: sorry butterfly 2022.

i will say, very few public schools out of state offer need based grants for oos kids. It’s rare. They usually use that money for kids from their state whose parents have put into the system.

FSU seems to offer more waivers of the OOS part of tuition just from looking at these threads. Did you apply there?

Interesting thank you. Learned something new regarding EFC.

Anyone have any information regarding the probability of getting off the waitlist for the grandparents waiver?

We are in the same situation. FAFSA completed and SSN matches. But nothing is listed on her financial page. Is it usual to see nothing at all? We are OOS. Thanks

We are on the waitlist for the Grandparent Waiver as well. It is a big unknown, since one has no idea of:

1. Where one is on the waitlist.(Unlike the waitlist for admissions, which I am told is not prioritized but multifaceted, this waitlist,since it is first come, first served would be Chronological, i would think.
    But since 2 and 3 are unknowns, even being the first on the waitlist does not mean your odds are any better than being #200.)
  2. How many waivers, if any, might become available from those grantees who decide not to enroll.
  3. How many unused waivers, if any, UF is able to retrieve from other Florida Colleges / Universities.

Remaining in Limbo, but at least our daughter is in, but at a 90k increase in cost over 4 years without the waiver.

Wait have the waivers and or Scholarship decisions come out yet? If so how did you get notified?

They came out last Thursday. Check all the posts above. If nothing is listed on the financial aid page, then nothing was awarded. Reportedly, only 10% of admitted students get merit at UF.

How do i decline my offer of admission and/or waiver status? I received the grandparent waiver but have chosen to attend elsewhere and would love for my waiver to pass on to the waitlist.

3 Likes

When did you apply for the GP waiver?

I see a couple of times on this group people say the cost of summer semester for an out-of-state student is 16K. How do you get this number 16K? The page Cost of Attendance | UF Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships gives info for only in-state students, I called the office and they were not able to calculate, they told me it is 2550+22278=24828, and that is only tuition/fees, but it makes no sense to me.
If it is 16K, what exactly is included into those 16K?

early november I believe

1 Like

It should include 9 credit hours, books, housing, food and OOS adjustment. www.sfa.ufl.edu/cost/

And how do you get the cost 16K there? I do not see it on that page.

Another question. When is a good time to pay $200 deposit to secure a decent housing?

If you are sure that you are not enrolling then you should go to your application status page and click the link to decline enrollment.

1 Like