University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Common Data Set UF…Level of applicant’s interest:Not Considered

… google …Common Data Set … college name …

ir.aa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/cds2020-2021Main.pdf

1 Like

Advising - Marine Science has the same prerequisites as a TON of science majors - it part it is about telling the Biology students that is not what Med Schools want to see and of course there are all the gen eds that need to be completed. There is always the standby joke - What do you call an Entomologist? - A Biologist with a job.

2 Likes

Good question!! I am also wondering if a student applied with a major not offered under PACE does UF possibly accept them as PACE?

No, only students who are interested in PaCE majors receive that offer. Some of the others are considered for our Engineering and DCP Partnership programs at Santa Fe or State College of Florida.

Hi there and thank you for all your information. Really helps with the anxiety and stress. I have a question…If a student applied with a major not in PACE can they still be accepted Pace? Thank you

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone chance me for UF? I will attach my stats below:

Demographics: Female, Asian, Out of State

Intended Major(s): Biology

ACT/SAT/SAT II: 1510 SAT (770 M, 740 EBRW)

UW/W GPA and Rank: UW 3.7, W 4.1

Coursework:

Sophomore: AP Comp Sci Principles (A+ in class, 5 on exam), AP Chem (B+ in class, 3 on exam)

Junior: AP Psych (A- in class, 4 on exam), APUSH (B-, 2 on exam), AP Calc BC (C- in class, 3 on exam), AP Bio (C- in class, 4 on exam), AP Lang (A in class, 5 on exam)

Senior: AP Physics, AP Lit, AP Micro, AP Statistics

Awards:

National Honor Society, National Merit Commended Scholar, French Honor Society, AP Scholar With Distinction, President’s Volunteer Service Award Gold

Extracurriculars: 4 year varsity athlete (2 year captain), VP of my school’s south asian club, DECA officer, third responder at my local first aid squad for over a year now, part of a selective research program at a local uni, certified yoga instructor (taught free classes), Indian classical dancer, lifeguard as work experience.

Other: DECA national qualifier and competitor, student gov member, lifeguard as summer job.

Essays/LORs/Other: Pretty strong essay from what teachers/college counselors have told me

Got deferred from UMiami EA, so I doubt I will get into UF. But still wanted to ask.

4 Likes

Anyone else’s portal currently unavailable?

me2

2 Likes

My portal is still available. Nothing changed on it.

2 Likes

I’ve been accepted to USF so far but USF is much less prestigious.

Yeah. UF is my last school I’m waiting on🙏

1 Like

Did you receive the gator link email the other day?

1 Like

Have you considered that there might be something wrong with your application? You may check your CA system if you also apply to other colleges. Normally, if you receive many rejections but your stats are strong, you either neglect something that is critical for the admission teams or your recommendation letters have negative statements that stop colleges from admitting you.

1 Like

Hope you get in!! You are going to do great in life either way.

1 Like

My recommendation letters were all strong, besides, VT and UF don’t consider them. The only thing I can think of is my essays must be sub par.

I’m manifesting you get in.

2 Likes

Actually, both VT and UF require one RL from the counselor. I’m not sure how you can tell your letters are strong, but normally we don’t have any access to them. There are examples of students with high stats but very few offers out of almost twenty applications (reasonable range), it turned out that they forgot to provide AS and A2 predicted scores as an ALEVEL student, or IB/AP scores in the system; or they didn’t study the system well and input a lot of wrong answers then messed the system; or they stated something in the essay that really annoyed the admission officers; or the intended major had nothing to do with their application. Your case is absolutely abnormal, but I wish you all the best in becoming a gator.

1 Like

UF requires a school report. The counselor does not write a personal recommendation letter.

1 Like

I wouldn’t read being denied at UVA as a bad sign. My daughter had slightly higher grades than yours and was denied outright. It’s notoriously hard to get into OOS. She was accepted EA Miami with a pretty good merit but not sure how that compares to UF in terms of acceptances. I think you sound like a strong candidate. When UF visited her school she felt that Honors was out of reach, but who knows.

5 Likes