University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you!

2 Likes

OOS acceptee, Biology

• 3.94 UW / 4.47 W, Top 10% of my class, 28 ACT
  • 6 APS, 2 DE courses, 14 honors classes
  • Dancer of 15 years
  • 600+ service hours (dance, church)
  • 7 clubs (president/founder of 3, officers in all others)
  • National Recognition Scholar, AP Scholar with Honor, among other decent awards
  • Pretty good personal statement; I donā€™t think UF considers LORs although they were strong too
2 Likes

Itā€™s both weighted and unweighted. Starting his Freshman year his high school stopped weighing honors and AP classes so heavily so it caused the GPAs to all go down. They only give 5 points extra (added to your grade) for an honors class and 10 points extra for an AP class. Everything is on a 4.0 scale. Not based on a 5.0 scale. Hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

Florida public colleges and universities are not test optional.

2 Likes

Based on the actual acceptance letter someone screenshot above itā€™s the exact same letter just with the word Pathway slipped in. In no way does it appear like a deferral or modified acceptance. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if some people read quickly and figure this out after the fact which is a shame. Still surprised this was offered as an out of state option.

1 Like

oooppp :sweat_smile: so I clearly forgot as I applied to most schools test-optional. I had a 28 ACT, however, for anybody wondering

2 Likes

Daughter OOS accepted!
Accepted into UF Honors and invited to URSP
4.0, 4.69 W
ACT 32, superscore 33
Rank 1/160
-Student council president
-Leadership in other ECs
-Athletics and Theatre
-Biomedical science track in high school
-Intended bio major/premed, but likes the fact that UF doesnā€™t require declaring a major right away
-9 APs (4 prior to senior year, 5 this year)
-Did not get accidental UF IT email last week
-Got into FSU with OOS tuition waiver, crossing fingers for some merit scholarship when UF releases in couple weeks (did get 2k Honors scholarship from UF)
-She is so excited to be a baby gator!!! :crocodile:

6 Likes

accepted!! got in for business from oos for fall 2023!

2 Likes

Dd got email last week and then was rejected, shocking because naviance strongly supported acceptance. She is crushed even though we told her not to give credence to email. Kind of think Florida owes a bigger apology than just ā€œdisregard that email.ā€ We are oos.

3 Likes

Denied OOS. Heā€™s bummed but FSU is great option and he loved the campus.
3.8 UW GPA, 32 ACT
4 years XC and track
Started charity
Other EC, worked summers and breaks.

Oh well, UF is a tough get and we were hopeful but not meant to be! Congrats to the new Gators!

2 Likes

We may see the stats on Monday ( or a few days, up to a week, after that), if I remember correctly.

1 Like

While Pace students canā€™t live on campus, they can live in the apartments right next to campus. Both of my kids did the dorms for one year, but then quickly moved into apartments with friends (one of which was in PACE). Some of these apartments, next to campus, are very ā€œdormā€ like.

Note, PACE students can do the following:

• Participation in recreational sports, intramurals and Student Government sponsored events
  • Access to recreation and fitness facilities
  • Access to the Student Health Care Center and Counseling and Wellness Center
  • Access to student sections and discounted pricing for athletic events (based on ticket availability)
  • Fare-free service on Gainesvilleā€™s Regional Transit System (RTS)

Most students with a major in the College of the Arts who accept their PaCE offer will be required to take their studio courses (music, dance, art, graphic design, etc.) on campus.

Freshman PaCE Student Involvement - University of Florida.

1 Like

OOS (NH) accepted. Deferred at FSU last week but UF was #1 choice so pretty thrilled. No email last week.

7 Likes

My son accepted to UF. No Honors. No Merit. But very excited.

• OOS
  • 1550 SAT
  • 2/350 in his class; 105.5 weighted gpa
  • 10 APā€™s
  • Many clubs, awards, captain of soccer team
8 Likes
  • OOS accepted (no honors)
  • 1550 SAT
  • 4.4 Weighted
  • 11 APs
  • 2 Dual Enrollments
4 Likes

Son was not accepted. OOS, 33 ACT, 4.0 GPA , 10 APs (5 junior year, 4 senior) rest all honors, good EC, wanted business. Congrats to all the new Gators - the school looked amazing!

2 Likes

OOS Acceptance, didnā€™t apply to Honors
34 ACT
School doesnā€™t do class rank
4.0 UW/4.7 W
9 APs

4 Likes

Replied above that DS got in and got the weird emails last week. OOS 780M/700V SAT, between 99 and 100 GPA weighted, not sure UW but maybe 96/97? 9 APs (including 3 this year). Top 2% in v. large HS. 4 yrs track and cross country was main EC ā€“ competitive runner but not enough for UF. No honors.

3 Likes

ADMITTED engineering
OOS
1490 (720 EBRW 770 M)
3.8 uw and not sure what my weighted recalculated is. i took all IB courses though
submitted 4 ECs but they were strong
pvsa gold award

4 Likes

Does anyone know if admitted student tours are available? And if so, when would that info become available? Thx!

4 Likes